Copying full contact address

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: Max, TerryRogers

TonyW

Copying full contact address

Post by TonyW »

When I saw the feature list for 8.66 I was ecstatic! Here was the one feature I've been wanting for years!

"Full contact address will be copied to clipboard by double clicking on the field's name"

However when I tried it, only the first line of the address is copied to the clipboard.

I am using the portable version. Am I missing something?

MetalDrop
Guru

Re: Copying full contact address

Post by MetalDrop »

TonyW wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:20 pm
When I saw the feature list for 8.66 I was ecstatic! Here was the one feature I've been wanting for years!

"Full contact address will be copied to clipboard by double clicking on the field's name"

However when I tried it, only the first line of the address is copied to the clipboard.

I am using the portable version. Am I missing something?
Seems to work fine for me. Are you sure you're on latest version 8.66.1? [you can check in the about dialog from the help menu]
2020-05-06_111411.png
2020-05-06_111411.png (5.23 KiB) Viewed 49 times
Windows 7 64-bit US-ENG & Windows 10 64-bit US-ENG, Intel i7 7700k, 32GB DDR4, Nvidia & AMD Ryzen 2600 16GB DDR4 Nvidia 1080ti
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, please note however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]

Keldi
Guru

Post by Keldi »

As MetalDrop said, it works when double-clicking on the Home in the contact preview at the bottom of the window:

epim_contactfulladdress1.png
epim_contactfulladdress1.png (9.15 KiB) Viewed 46 times

But it copies only the first line when you open the contact in the separate window and double-click on Home there (I don't know if it supposed to copy the full address there, but it'll be nice if it it would):

epim_contactfulladdress2.png
epim_contactfulladdress2.png (6.24 KiB) Viewed 46 times

TonyW

Post by TonyW »

Thank you for your replies. I've got it working now!

The problem was that it was not 8.66.1 that was installed which is interesting -- when I upgraded from my previous version the download button took me to a webpage that announced 8.66.1 with a download link which I duly downloaded and assumed was 8.66.1 but when I checked on the help dialogue, it was 8.6.1! Then when I then checked for updates and clicked the button, the download happened automatically (rather than being taken to a webpage) and lo and behold, I now have 8.66.1 installed!

I can't tell you how happy I am to have this new long-awaited for feature -- it will make correspondence so much easier!