Support related problems and questions

Moderators: Max, TerryRogers

gorlaw
Novice

Not able to connect to gmail gsuite

Post by gorlaw »

EssentialPim Pro 9.2

Problem:
I have a non-gmail domain with email hosting provided by Gsuite. In order to access my email, I have to log in to gmail using my non-gmail email account and password. This is not a problem with other email clients, such as eM Client, Thunderbird and Outlook because these email clients will query the domain and find the email host automatically. Once they find that the email host for my domain is gmail's Gsuite, they will run the OAuth authorization script and allow my email client to access my email.

EssentialPim v9.2 (and earlier), both Pro and Free, do not do the email host query, and, as a result, I have to enter my host imap and smtp settings manually. Since my email address is non-gmail domain, EssentialPim will not run the OAuth script to allow me access to my gmail Gsuite hosted email. In other words, I am shut out of my email because there is no way to force EssentialPim to run an OAuth script on a non-gmail domain even if gmail's Gsuite is hosting my email.

I have no screenshots because the process never completes. And I will add that I do not have this problem when I use EssentialPim for gmail when gmail is the domain.

Any fixes or workarounds would be appreciated.
Lawrence Gordon

admin
Site Admin

Re: Not able to connect to gmail gsuite

Post by admin »

Couple of points:
1. EPIM does query domains to check whether they're hosted with Google or any other service. If it doesn't work on your side, please create a test email account for us and PM me with its credentials, will check out what's causing it not to be detected automatically.
2. You can use the regular Gmail incoming/outgoing mail server settings (https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en) in order for the GSuite's account to work.
Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!

gorlaw
Novice

Post by gorlaw »

Private message coming your way.
Lawrence Gordon

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Got it, thanks, working on it!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!