Samsung Standard Apps ignore EssentialPIM System Account

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
Nurgotora
Guru

Re: Samsung Standard Apps ignore EssentialPIM System Account

Post by Nurgotora »

With the Samsung Upgrade to Android 12, which has been delivered last week (10.1.22 - 16.1.22) to my Galaxy S10e the problems described in this thread seem to have gone away.

OneUI version: 4.0
Android version: 12
Android Security Patch Level: 1.12.2021
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

I have a new Samsung A53 5G running Android 12. AEPIM 6.0.2 prevented phone numbers from syncing. Downgraded to 6.0 RC and the phone numbers are back.

HOWEVER, I cannot get the EPIM contacts to appear in the Android Contacts list, even though SYSTEM ACCOUNT is checked. (I even restarted the phone.) This is vital for me. Any help out there?????? :?: :?: :?:
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

SOLUTION: in desperation, I messed around with settings and unchecked the SYSTEM ACCOUNT. Then I rechecked it and got the message "Setting up account." Now it all works.
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!
cybolon
Novice

Post by cybolon »

hi bobmac,
was this in the contacts settings or the settings of the smartphone? If of smartphone, please tell where. ty
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Hi @ all,
this still seems to be something unsolved. Especially as to Samsung phones (at least it always seems to be described here in forum in connection to Samsung).
In my case, as described before, it is difficult to see the contacts in WhatsApp. When installing AEPIM there are numbers only in WhatsApp. Sometimes numbers are replaced after some time by the contacts from AEPIM, sometimes they are not. In this case I have to uncheck the option for System Account in contacts settings of AEPIM and check it again, so System Account is set up again.
Then either at once or after some time or maybe even next day, the contacts appear in WhatsApp again.
Also when wanting to create a new contact in Android, there I donot have the possibility to choose EssentialPIM where it should be stored. I can choose Android itself or Google or Tablet but NOT EssentialPIM. Whatever I tried to do during the last years, on which Samsung tablet ever, I could never get it to the point, to have the possibility to choose EssentialPIM where to create a new contact.
I do hope, that some time this will be possible, because it is irritating always to have to create a new contact in AEPIM manually.
Thanks.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.