Presale Question

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

sadarahu

Presale Question

Post by sadarahu »

I am a bit confused with the licensing and features. I am interested in EPIM Business edition, but unsure if this would serve my needs. Here is what I need:
1) Host EPIM database on my own server. I am not sure I wave to run Windows-Server ? Is Linux sever OK ? Can I host it on regular Windows-PC(not a server) ?
2) I need a remote access for me and possibly other users. If I have 1, 10 or 100 users what would be the cost ? Do I have to pay for example for 10 licenses ?
3) Do I have a choice of a database or not ?

4) Is there any customization for "Look and Feel" of the GUI ?

5) Can I have several users exchange (share) same database. For example have a task list which is shareable ? Have Contacts shareable ? etc ?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Presale Question

Post by admin »

1. Yes and yes. You can host the server as on Linux as on any Windows PC.
2. The number of licenses should be equal to the number of EPIM installations. We offer volume discounts, please see here: https://www.essentialpim.com/pricing/volume-discounts
3. You can have as many database files as you wish. Did I understand your question correctly?
4. You can hide some panels which you might not find useful. Also, theme is customizable along with visibility of the modules.
5. Yep, that's the main intention of the Business version - have a sharable database with different users and different user rights.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!