Backup DB did not succeed EPIM 10.0.2

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

admin
Site Admin

Re: Backup DB did not succeed EPIM 10.0.2

Post by admin »

We didn't have any problems backing up the database file you sent us. Which means the issue is likely somewhere in your system. So now we're trying to find out what's causing it..
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
PIMUsr2048
Guru

Post by PIMUsr2048 »

Thanks. Would the complete Database file, including all my personal data help your troubleshooting?

Also, as a workaround, would starting with a clean empty DB, and syncing the data from my android device help me continue?

At this point, while I would like to find the underlying problem, I need to move on.

Thanks.
Bill Lehrman
PIMUsr2048
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

PIMUsr2048 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:30 pm Thanks. Would the complete Database file, including all my personal data help your troubleshooting?
I doubt it as you already forwarded us the DB with the problem but we couldn't replicate the issue.
PIMUsr2048 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:30 pmAlso, as a workaround, would starting with a clean empty DB, and syncing the data from my android device help me continue?
This may help, although I'd first check if creating a new DB wouldn't produce the same error message as with the current one.
PIMUsr2048 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:30 pm At this point, while I would like to find the underlying problem, I need to move on.
You can move on with your DB, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it if not for the error. As you store it in Dropbox, you don't need to worry about inability of EPIM to create additional backups.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Frank-H
Experienced

Post by Frank-H »

re: "you don't need to worry about inability of EPIM to create additional backups" (due to Dropbox use), as well, I think it is common sense (for any database program) to routinely make and store "visible and known" database backup files, with certainty on what folder is being chosen for that, and to have program version backups to fall back on if needed. That pretty much guarantees NEVER being put into trouble due to errors of whatever kind.