Keep losing my data in PIM

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Skysails
Novice

Keep losing my data in PIM

Post by Skysails »

Hello again.... PIM is recognizing the Pro version. So I just reentered all the data I put in... checking to make sure I could access the data.. all was fine, so I spent 2 hours reentering all the data. THEN I opened 2 versions of PIM at once, closed one down, the went to the other... which did not open the data... now it says it's in users/thera/appdata/roaming/essentialpim pro/temp.2c83d4ef.epim

I just went to check the link.. and had to open again, now I'm getting the message: You are opening the same data in a second instance of Essential PIM, or with the same user twice. This may cause data reduplication and is not advised. Open?

PIM does not always respond when I ask it to open.. and then when it did, I was asked if I wanted to save the data. Not being able to see which instance of PIM was open, I just said yes or no.. don't remember which, I just wanted to get to the correct screen. Do you know what is happening? I have the date on my IPad from the first instance of using Essential PIM, can I get that onto my computer without copying all the information again, and how can I be sure not to keep losing it??

PLEASE HELP!
Lynn
Skysails
Novice

Re: Keep losing my data in PIM

Post by Skysails »

Just got the data back by hitting open, then went to the file. Maybe I have it... I could NOT get this to work the last time, but it seems better with win 11
Frank-H
Experienced

Re: Keep losing my data in PIM

Post by Frank-H »

re: "THEN I opened 2 versions of PIM at once, closed one down, the went to the other... which did not open the data..."
Honestly, that is not a very coherent way to operate software, if you want to avoid problems and have data / program integrity.

I don't consider it responsible to name your thread "Keep losing my data in PIM". Looks like operator error. And re: your earlier posts re: "where epim was putting the database file", that, and your backup locations, you can specify. Keep and have backups. Easy to open from the program if you ever need them. "Know where they are".