Next update?

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
poet-man
Guru

Next update?

Post by poet-man »

Is there an Update for AEPIM to come (might bring some urgently needed fixes)?
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Next update?

Post by admin »

There's, although we're now working on integrating EPIM Cloud into AEPIM, that's the top priority (viewtopic.php?t=36599).
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

@admin
Downloaded apk and installed.
logged in to EPIM-cloud. How do I see, that there is data from AEPIM in cloud (i.e. certain files); just want to see, whether something really is being uploaded, as there is no message on screen, that upload is going on.
Also it would be interesting to know, whether something else has been done in that version, other than EPIM-cloud, to be able to possibly test this.
And just as info:
Why is this beta 5.8.6 when 5.8.7 is out already, without having EPIM cloud in it?
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There's the colorful line at the top of the screen when the sync process is running. You can login to the web version of EPIM Cloud and check the last modified dates for notes and password files, also contacts should immediately be visible. You can also sync with WinEPIM to check for the changes, all should be inter-synchronizable now.
There are also couple of minor bug fixes that should improve stability of the app.
Don't pay attention to the version number as of yet as this is sort of a pre-alpha version.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

@admin
So I can sync winEPIM with cloud and then sync AEPIM with cloud and AEPIM should then have winEPIMs data?
When does AEPIM sync (at program start?)?
What I just realised ... creating a new event in this version, there is no field to fill in a name (i.e. "metting with chief")
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, that's how it all suppose to works. AEPIM syncs either when you enter any of the modules or make any changes or you can also sync manually by selecting the corresponding option from the menu.
About visibility of fields - please make a screenshot how it looks like. Thanks!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Cannot do screenshot 'cause have deinstalled. You cannot repro it? Field is just not there
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yep, seems we checked the wrong version. Problem reproduced and would be fixed. Thanks!