Settings per Database

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

the george
Novice

Settings per Database

Post by the george »

Feature I personally would like a lot to see:

Store settings per database and not for the application. I have several databases that just consist of notes and tasks, but if I remove everything else on the sidebar, I remove it for all databases. And its not just the display of needed modules, much more settings that I like to have different between databases.

Cheers and thanks for considering
admin
Site Admin

Re: Settings per Database

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestion. As a workaround you can use multiple Portable versions stored in different folders, in this case you're going to have separate settings for each of the instances.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

I ran into an issue with EPIM settings when my SSD died. Because I was well backed up, I didn't lose anything but time (yeah, BUT! :? ).

While my sync settings were contained in the database, my backup settings were not. (They are in EPIM.ini under my user folder. I keep my databases on my separate physical D drive but my user folder is on the C drive which is the one that crashed.) So I had to re-create them.

Would it be possible to have the settings contained within the database so that a simple restoration of the database after reinstallation of EPIM would get the user up and running? Or at least save the settings in an ini file with the same name as the database and in the same folder?

I think that might make things more secure for us.

Just my 2¢...
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for the detailed description about why this may be needed. Noted, indeed.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!