Problem opening e-mail since update to epim 10.2

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

haegok
Novice

Problem opening e-mail since update to epim 10.2

Post by haegok »

Since version 10.2 there is a problem opening an e-mail. When I try to open an email that just came in for the first time, I only see the header. The message area is empty. When I close and reopen it, the email becomes fully visible.
The same happens after restart of epim: When I open any e-mail from the list, the message area is empty. After closing it I can open all e-mails with success until a new e-mail comes in or EPim is restarted.
I use Windows 10 build 19044.1586, EssentialPIM Pro 10.2
knegsel
Experienced

Re: Problem opening e-mail since update to epim 10.2

Post by knegsel »

haegok wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:12 pm Since version 10.2 there is a problem opening an e-mail. When I try to open an email that just came in for the first time, I only see the header. The message area is empty. When I close and reopen it, the email becomes fully visible.
The same happens after restart of epim: When I open any e-mail from the list, the message area is empty. After closing it I can open all e-mails with success until a new e-mail comes in or EPim is restarted.
here the same problem
hmb
Novice

Post by hmb »

haegok wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:12 pm Since version 10.2 there is a problem opening an e-mail. When I try to open an email that just came in for the first time, I only see the header. The message area is empty. When I close and reopen it, the email becomes fully visible.
I have the same problem and replied to a previous topic. The only solution that seems to work now is opening the preview pane and that will open the email or use the scroll arrows at the top right to view the emails in sequence. I do not typically use the preview window since I don't want to accidently open a suspicious email. Please fix this!
hmb
Novice

Post by hmb »

Well now I don't know what to say, but the email is working properly again - virus? gremlins? FBI? URG!!!
highperguy
Novice

Post by highperguy »

I'm having the same problem.
When I open an email (double click in list) the window opens, the contents appear briefly, then disappear. Nothing I do changes this.
EPIM 10.2
Windows 10.0.19044 Build 19044
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please record a small video demonstrating the problem so that we better understand what to look for in the program's code. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Your V Gal
Experienced

Post by Your V Gal »

I'm not sure how to record my screen on Win11 machine? hmb seems to have his issue resolved, mine is not. If I have the Preview pane turned off, and using the ALL INBOXES folder, if I double-click on a new mail item, the window opens and sometimes I will have a brief flicker of the message then it goes blank -- all on it's own. Then, when I close the mail message window and go back to the same item and double-click on it, the mail item opens normally. This is with Win11 and the latest 10.2 EPIM update.
hmb
Novice

Post by hmb »

Hi, Well, the Email is back to doing the same thing again - not appearing when clicked.

I am using Windows 10 and I think I can get a video, but there is not much to see. As I said, I open the email window, go to my inbox, and click an email - I sometimes get a short flicker of something but the email information area is empty. IF I OPEN THE PREVIEW WINDOW below the messages, the emails seem to open properly and I can view the messages. Another oddity is - if I open an email with text (no graphics or links) those emails seem to open OK. Here is another bit of info - if I close the preview screen and click one of the messages that opened (with graphics) then it DOES OPEN PROPERLY.

Another problem - which I am not sure if it is related here - I have hyperlinks to some notes (in the Notes Tab) that worked, but now it seems that I need to add in a ABSOLUTE PATH for the links, otherwise, the links do not work. Without the absolute path WITH A DISK DRIVE LETTER, a CTRL+Left mouse click or Alt+Left mouse click does not open a link.
dacor
Novice

Post by dacor »

Hi

I have exactly the same problem.
I have not a virus.
This appear in the new version

But if you resend e-mail this appear perfectly. It´s only when you open the email

Best regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This problem should be fixed in EPIM 10.2.1. Please update.
hmb
Novice

Post by hmb »

Hi,
Downloaded 10.2.1 and installed and YES the problem has been fixed - Thank you EPIM Team!

I also checked and the absolute vs relative hyperlinks are still not functioning properly. I use the Insert Hyperlink feature in EPIM to insert a Notes link, but unless I edit the link and make it absolute (add the disk drive letter) the link does not open using either Ctrl+left mouse click or Alt+left mouse click. Not sure if this happened in 10.2 this is when I noticed it. I use this feature in many of my notes and I don't want to have to go back and modify all my hyperlinks. Since the Email Issue is fixed, should I create a new topic on this problem?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the confirmation! Yes, would appreciate if you create a new topic about the problem with internal links. What I'd also ask you to do is to create a new EPIM database file and copy-paste couple of non-important items into it and check if the issue will be reproducible there. If so, attach that db to your next post.
knegsel
Experienced

Post by knegsel »

admin wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:30 am This problem should be fixed in EPIM 10.2.1. Please update.
Thank you!
highperguy
Novice

Post by highperguy »

All good after update on my version. Thanks!