Problems updating to EPIM Pro 10.2.1

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

bigred
Novice

Problems updating to EPIM Pro 10.2.1

Post by bigred »

EPIM Pro 10.2.1 crashed after I updated using Windows 7 Pro SP1. EPIM froze on a permanent pop-up inviting me to report the crash. I had to use Task Manager to stop the EPIM program and the EPIM process before I could restart EPIM. After the restart, many of my tasks seemed to have disappeared from the main screen because an unwanted Due Date filter had been activated. Turning off the Due Date filter restored the missing tasks.

Before the update I had used the Due Date filter in conjunction with the Customized View bar for selectively viewing tasks. The filter displayed and operated only when the Customized View bar was activated. After the update, the Due Date filter was operational without the Customized View bar, which was confusing.

In future I will probably avoid using the Due Date filter in favor of activating Group By Due Date, although the Due Date filter allows the precise selection of due dates while Group By Due Date does not.
Frank-H
Experienced

Re: Problems updating to EPIM Pro 10.2.1

Post by Frank-H »

If you look at "many" programs that are being currently updated, to work well with Windows 10 & 11, beyond epim, you'll see posts re: program updates having problems re: Win 7 & Win 8. Honestly, you should get on a Win 10 machine, new ones can be had cheap and used ones, "very cheap".
tamer
Experienced

Post by tamer »

I'm not facing any issues on win7 x64. It's so much polished I haven't seen bsod for years. And I'm restarting my pc like only two-three times per year just to clean it up. In the meantime, the win10 on the laptop feels like it's constantly in beta. 🤨
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

I do agree, that Win7 runs very well and absolutely cheap (80€ for the entire system (Soft- and Hardware)).
A 4 core notebook with only the things on it needed (WinEPIM and LibreOffice), runs smooth. All those problems from earlier times on crowded machines, i haven't had for ages. No need for any other Windows machine anymore. And no need to spend lots of money to microsoft.
Nowadays everything else can be done on an Android tablet.
Every day proves it.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.