hover scrolling the note tree

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

S_Belle
Guru

hover scrolling the note tree

Post by S_Belle »

In older version of EPIM [< v9 and I think a couple versions of 10] I use to just be able to hover the mouse over the note tree and use the scroll wheel.

Now I have have to click somewhere on the tree before it'll let me start scrolling.

I thought I could get use to the change, but after months it is driving me so crazy I am quite seriously tempted to go through all the hassle of downgrading my database to get back to an older version of EPIM where hovering over the tree and scrolling works.

I can still open older versions of EPIM and hover scrolling work fine, so I know it's an issue with the newer versions and not my computer or windows 11.
ecsaltz
Guru

Re: hover scrolling the note tree

Post by ecsaltz »

I'm on v10.2.1, Win10, and can scroll the note tree by hovering without clicking first in the note tree window.

This is not to say that maybe there is a sequence that creates a condition where one first has to click first in the note tree window to get "focus".
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

S_Belle, we're aware of this, it will be improved in the next update.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
S_Belle
Guru

Post by S_Belle »

Appears to be anytime you edit a note it will lock you out of hover scrolling the tree until you click the tree again.

Attached a video showing v9 working as it should and v10.2.1 not working both fresh clean portable versions with new databases.

edit oops didn't see the reply from admin before posting this one.
Attachments
Video 2022-04-22 103909.mp4
(3.78 MiB) Downloaded 79 times