EPIM not responding after drag & drop of a attachment into notes

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

schindi
Novice

EPIM not responding after drag & drop of a attachment into notes

Post by schindi »

Hello,
today I started a second try to update from EPIM Pro portable 10.1.1 to 10.2.1. With version 10.1.1 drag & drop of attachments into notes works without any issues. But with version 10.2.1 I pretty often end up with a not responding EPIM and the only option is to kill EPIM with the task manager. After a restart drag & drop of the same file into the same note works. EPIM partially hangs as soon as the dialog "Add attachment" is confirmed and I always use the Link type "Add as attachment". Last week I changed back from 10.2.1 to 10.1.1 and the problem disappeared. Has anyone else observed this effect?
Attachments
EPIM_in_Task-Manager.png
admin
Site Admin

Re: EPIM not responding after drag & drop of a attachment into notes

Post by admin »

This is the very first report of its kind. Could you please check if you're going to experience the same behaviour on a new DB?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
schindi
Novice

Post by schindi »

I can't recreate the error with a fresh database in just a few tries, unlike with my productive database. The problem remains with EPIM 10.2.1 even after sychronizing my productive database to a new database.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Maybe you could then create a copy of your production DB, delete all the sensitive info from it, check if the issue is reproducible and if so forward us that cut down version of the file? Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!