No attachment

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Steve Shank
Guru

No attachment

Post by Steve Shank »

It seems to me, that about 1 in every 5 or 6 emails I send out gives me a warning that it seems like there should be an attachment and I didn't attach anything. Clearly the algorithm that epim uses doesn't work for me, since there are never any missing attachments. But, I'd rather not disable the feature just in case.

What criteria do you use and is there any way to adjust it? Perhaps some words I commonly use are in your warning algorithm? Or perhaps there's just a bug.
admin
Site Admin

Re: No attachment

Post by admin »

Please click on Tools->Options->Mail and see the "Check for missing attachments" checkbox. You'll be able to edit the keywords EPIM uses to warn you about missing attachments there, as well.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Steve Shank
Guru

Post by Steve Shank »

Thanks. I keep being amazed at how much depth this program has. Even a free program to archive old emails into a different archive database. I remembered I'd checked asking it to check, but didn't even bother to look and see if there were options. Hopefully, I learned my lesson and will check carefully first.
Steve Shank
Guru

Post by Steve Shank »

OK. Another issue. I have 2 keywords, file and attach. However, I'm nagged when I write profile because the letters "file" are in it. I get that you don't want to force people to write "attach*" to cover attach, attached, attachment, but is there a way to force file as the starting letters? In other words, I'd like to do what would normally be file* - which would cover file and files. Anyway, is there a set of rules for the keywords to give us more control?

If not, please make it a feature request.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sounds like a feature request, will take it into consideration. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!