EssentialPIM 11.0 Release Candidate

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

admin
Site Admin

EssentialPIM 11.0 Release Candidate

Post by admin »

Introducing the Release Candidate version of EssentialPIM 11.0!

Please note, this is not he final release version (even though it’s now out of the Beta testing phase), so some issues are still possible with it. Download and try only if you know what you’re doing.

Now, let’s see what’s new:
  • Emoji support (works in Windows 10 and newer)
  • Sidebar showing tasks and small calendars in all modules (accessible via View->Sidebar)
  • Plain text formatting option for Newsletter*
  • Quick filter of tagged and categorized email messages (make sure the Quick Filter Toolbar is visible)
  • Improved Status Bar with ability to quickly access reminders
  • Completion percentage for tasks is now shown on Sidebars
  • Enhanced indication of new mail
  • Many visual improvements and design updates
  • Lots of other smaller improvements, tweaks, and fixes
* Available in EssentialPIM Pro only

Downloads
EssentialPIM Pro (Installer and Portable): https://www.essentialpim.com/download/b ... Pro110.exe
EssentialPIM Free (Installer and Portable): https://www.essentialpim.com/download/b ... PIM110.exe

You should also get this update automatically if you’re on the Beta update channel (check this in Tools->Options->General).

Bug reports along with any thoughts and suggestions about the new version are always appreciated!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
ecsaltz
Guru

Re: EssentialPIM 11.0 Release Candidate

Post by ecsaltz »

"Sidebar showing tasks and small calendars in all modules (accessible via View->Sidebar)"

Very useful - well done, thank you to the developers! Especially now for my Notes modular work I do, where figuring dates is now much easier.

I do like the fact that each module remembers whether the small calendars are present or not individually. Same with the tasks sidebar.

This works particularly well as I have a 34" monitor with 4K resolution - lots of screen area to display all sorts of information.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
Haldex
Guru

Post by Haldex »

Hello @ecsaltz

Have you already tried the possibility of two independent calendars? This feature should now be built in.
Win 11 Prof 64 Bit, 16 GB, 11th Gen Intel i7-11390H 3.4 GHz
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

Haldex wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:04 pm Hello @ecsaltz

Have you already tried the possibility of two independent calendars? This feature should now be built in.
Yes I have, it works great! EPIM just gets better and better as time goes by...I have been a devoted user since 2008.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
Haldex
Guru

Post by Haldex »

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Just to be sure, the two independent calendars no longer mix their appointments in EPIM (no more soup pot).

I had just made a huge mess in the previous versions with appointments from a group calendar. That was a very big disaster and that's why I'm taking the liberty of asking again.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Haldex wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:49 pm Just to be sure, the two independent calendars no longer mix their appointments in EPIM (no more soup pot).
Yes, that's how it works.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Haldex
Guru

Post by Haldex »

I created a separate mobile installation with the RC version. I can create the synchronisation at https://fruux.com, but the calendar entries are not synchronised from Caldav to EPIM. I deliberately chose the one-way synchronisation caldav to EPIM because I want to be sure that I don't destroy the group calendar.

With Outlook.com I can only create the synchronisation to the extent that I can enter the login data in two separate "Microsoft" windows (user and password) and then press "OK". Then a small window briefly appears with the message "Please wait". Now I should be able to continue with "Next", but there come these two "Microsoft" login windows again. So no success either.
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

Mini Calendar in Calendar:
I allready mentioned it in the Beta-forum: In Calendar, I don´t like the mini Calendar on the right side. Now there are even THREE Calendars in calendar! This is just a waste of space! Even if I uncheck the sidebar-calendar, it´s just an empty strip. In all other modules I can disable the sidebar, only in calendar is stays. I even would disable the mini-calendars on the left, if this would be possible. The main calendar is enough for me, particulary because I have an old small screen.
Here you can see my calendar view:
EPIM 11.jpg
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

a8907433 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:56 pm Mini Calendar in Calendar:
I allready mentioned it in the Beta-forum: In Calendar, I don´t like the mini Calendar on the right side. Now there are even THREE Calendars in calendar! This is just a waste of space! Even if I uncheck the sidebar-calendar, it´s just an empty strip. In all other modules I can disable the sidebar, only in calendar is stays. I even would disable the mini-calendars on the left, if this would be possible. The main calendar is enough for me, particulary because I have an old small screen.
Here you can see my calendar view:

EPIM 11.jpg
I use the mini calendars on the left side of the Calendar module all the time, but have unchecked the right side sidebar calendars (but that doesn't leave blank screen for me, the main calendar fills out that space nicely).

If the developers want to make the mini calendars on the left side optional, that would be fine, but not to entirely eliminating them.
PeCe
Guru

Post by PeCe »

I used the mini calendars on the left-side, but do like the new approach. That it shows on the right side is just a thing of getting used to. More important for me is that you now can have these calendars and tasks in all modules.
Since I do not use multiple agendas I have moved the bar on left-side completely to the left, so there is no wasted space there.
ALSO If I want to access these new mutiple calendars I can move the bar from the agenda to the right again and even then I do not see a calendar at the bottom of the panel on the left side, since I moved these mini-calendars completely to the bottom, so that they do not show anymore.

At first I also thought that it would be a big nono, like the icon only modules and no names in the menu-panel.
But after getting used to it I do like the new approach and most of all that I now always have my tasks and calendar in all modules.

Same as what Ecsaltz writes, if I disable the side-bar (tasks and calendar) then the active module fills out the screen nicely, no wasted space on the right-side of the program.

My agenda month-view is as follows;
Agenda monthview.jpg
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
FireBrand2026
Guru

Post by FireBrand2026 »

Any chance there could be an single row Icon only mode for the note filters?

I like keeping my tree thin and the filter names are mostly cut off, and they also feel like they take up a lot of vertical space.
Attachments
Just Icons.png
Just Icons.png (10.69 KiB) Viewed 8197 times
Just Icons_edit.png
paulfb
Novice

Post by paulfb »

I like where you're going with this, but I've had a few issues.
I have a two way sync with my Outlook calendar. When I first ran it in the RC, I hit a stop... something about not being able to sync a tjpeg? So I tried removing the sync and setting it up again (as an Exchange Office/365 sync). This time it worked, but duplicated everything, with some kind of extra tag appearing on all the duplicate entries. So I thought I'd go to the Agenda view to remove the duplicates manually, but the Agenda view didn't work at all (and I tried different dates, and "no filter").
Then when I tried to open the same database in my current version I got a message saying the database wasn't closed. I've sent you a separate bug report about this.
Restoring a backup copy has saved me from disaster here.
Also the side view of the calendar didn't work at all when I was in Notes. It just showed blank.
I appreciate that this is not a release version, but as a candidate it still feels more like a beta to me.
I will also say that I'm having some memory-related problems with what is a new computer, but I can't see that this would be connected.
Look forward to the final version.
Haldex
Guru

Post by Haldex »

Haldex wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:37 pm I created a separate mobile installation with the RC version. I can create the synchronisation at https://fruux.com, but the calendar entries are not synchronised from Caldav to EPIM. I deliberately chose the one-way synchronisation caldav to EPIM because I want to be sure that I don't destroy the group calendar.
So I setup the credential new, now fruux.com it ist working!
ЛеонидЛогинов
Novice

Post by ЛеонидЛогинов »

External calendars added via ical sync not shown in the multi-calendar list. It would be better if I could turn on/off the display of external calendars in the same way as local ones. Tasks should be switchable there too.
And please slightly increase the timeout in the window for adding a new ical calendar.

The strange logic of adding tasks through the calendar, if you hold down the left button and select the time, then press the hotkey for a new task and release the left mouse button, two windows will open: adding an event and a task. Maybe if you hold down the right mouse button and select the time, you can immediately open the addition of a task?
Would it be more convenient?

Add the ability to disable the login button in the program settings? I can't imagine storing data in the cloud without e2e encryption, so I'll never use your cloud solution, so the prominent login button will become an annoyance over time.

Why does the offline icon (lower right corner) look so weird?

ps. overall great job, keep up the good work
miira

Post by miira »

1) In Calendar Week mode I cannot use mouse Drag & Paste (with ctrl).
2) In Calendar List mode it diplays blank page only.