EssentialPIM 11.0 Release Candidate

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Guru

Re: EssentialPIM 11.0 Release Candidate

Post by 1048576 »

1048576, unable to reproduce this, unfortunately. I guess a more detailed screenshot is needed.
Attachments
2022-06-28_224306.png
2022-06-28_220702.png
EPIM Pro 11.8 Portable
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

gjbth, good to know, thanks for the update!

lorymax, unfortunately, lots of details are missing in your report. Namely, the kind of filter you use, what's "permanently active", how you deactivate, etc. Probably a short video would demonstrate the situation better.

1048576, it still looks ok on our side. Please check what it looks like on yours when a dark theme is active.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
lorymax
Guru

Post by lorymax »

I am attaching a video on what seems to me to be abnormal behavior when I close EPIM with active filters.

Could it also be the cause of the problem I have already reported?

viewtopic.php?p=123864#p123864
Attachments
20220628_224448.mp4
(3.21 MiB) Downloaded 124 times
lorymax
Guru

Post by lorymax »

lorymax wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:54 pm I am attaching a video on what seems to me to be abnormal behavior when I close EPIM with active filters.

Could it also be the cause of the problem I have already reported?

viewtopic.php?p=123864#p123864
I confirm the problem.
Last night I closed EPIM with active filters - as you can see in the video - and this morning I found the edited task as attached screenshots.

He only changed this. Only once did I find the same change in all float tasks with future start times. viewtopic.php?p=123864#p123864
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Being in calendar module, having one calendar only with all my entries in it, I uncheck this calendar. So no calendar should be active/displayed. At least that's what I would expect.
But I still see a calendar (month view) and some entries in it. All of them are tasks. Most of them are completed tasks.
I wonder what I see there? Which calendar is displayed while no calendar is active?
What I would expect, is a blank screen with no calendar and no items in it.

Why is this?
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
lorymax
Guru

Post by lorymax »

poet-man wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:44 pm Being in calendar module, having one calendar only with all my entries in it, I uncheck this calendar. So no calendar should be active/displayed. At least that's what I would expect.
But I still see a calendar (month view) and some entries in it. All of them are tasks. Most of them are completed tasks.
I wonder what I see there? Which calendar is displayed while no calendar is active?

Why is this?
I noticed this too. I tried to create two calendars and it works fine showing one at a time.
I believe that for the tasks there has not been the possibility to choose in which calendar they should be displayed and therefore they always remain in view.
It would be useful to have in the tasks the possibility to associate to a specific calendar. The only generic option "view in calendar" also in my opinion creates confusion because they are always displayed.

Unfortunately my english comes from google translator. Sorry.
lorymax
Guru

Post by lorymax »

I have now seen another problem.
In Table view it displays nothing.
I opened the same file with epim Pro 10.2.1 and 11.0RC1 - I am attaching screenshots.

Does it happen to you too?
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

lorymax wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:19 pm
poet-man wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:44 pm Being in calendar module, having one calendar only with all my entries in it, I uncheck this calendar. So no calendar should be active/displayed. At least that's what I would expect.

Why is this?
I noticed this too. I tried to create two calendars and it works fine showing one at a time.
I believe that for the tasks there has not been the possibility to choose in which calendar they should be displayed and therefore they always remain in view.
It would be useful to have in the tasks the possibility to associate to a specific calendar. The only generic option "view in calendar" also in my opinion creates confusion because they are always displayed.

Unfortunately my english comes from google translator. Sorry.
Maybe you are right and this is due to a program feature.
However what I realised meanwhile, is, that this effect doesnot display all the time. Opening DB again later, suddenly the tasks I mentioned are not there anymore, or at least not all of them. Maybe this is due to wandering through all months to see whether there are more items there which should not be there.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
Guru

Post by 1048576 »

1048576, it still looks ok on our side. Please check what it looks like on yours when a dark theme is active.
Same difference in border thickness In dark mode.
Attachments
Video_2022-06-30_095642.wmv
(3.05 MiB) Downloaded 131 times
EPIM Pro 11.8 Portable
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

password countdown is missing.
Before v11 I could doubleklick on password in password module, which displayed a 60 second countdown, to show the timeperiod during which I could paste password. This countdown seems to have vanished
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

lorymax, thanks for the video, we were able to reproduce the problem. Will be fixed in the final release version of EPIM 11.0. As for another one when tasks are shown with some unrecognizable characters, will have a look at it, as well.

poet-man, seems you see tasks in the calendar and since tasks do not belong to any specific calendar, they're displayed all the time (unless to choose not to display them in calendar, of course). And I can confirm the problem with the countdown timer missing in Passwords, will fix this. Thanks!

1048576, thanks, will try to somehow fix this (we're still unable to see that thick line on our PCs, though).
Frizzell9
Expert

Post by Frizzell9 »

admin wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:16 pm Introducing the Release Candidate version of EssentialPIM 11.0!

How do I restore my 'Navigation Bar to its full width?
Image EPIM Pro User Since 2006

"Why a four year old child could understand this.
Run out and get me a four year old child,
I can't make head or tail out of it."
lorymax
Guru

Post by lorymax »

lorymax wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:21 pm I tried version 11.0 RC1. Very very nice.

In my opinion, it would be very useful to have a button in the top bar in the Tasks to directly activate the custom view bar. Or, even better,
always have the drop down menu of templates always available in the top bar without having to open the custom view bar every time. This second solution would really be the TOP for me!

Thank you
If you don't like this feature, you can add a shortcut to quickly activate the customized view bar which is not available now.

Better than nothing :D :D :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Frizzell9 , that's not possible anymore.

lorymax, you can pin it so it becomes permanently visible. Or you mean you'd like to only see it occasionally time to time?
lorymax
Guru

Post by lorymax »

admin wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
lorymax, you can pin it so it becomes permanently visible. Or you mean you'd like to only see it occasionally time to time?
Yes, I know the permanent pin. It was just a small, unimportant idea.
I find the bar color a bit annoying and flashy in the dark theme, but even that is unimportant.
These little things don't have to steal time from the development of version 11 which I'm really enjoying :D :D

Thanks for your attention.