Adding an email acct

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

requiredusername
Guru

Adding an email acct

Post by requiredusername »

This is probably quite easy, but I can't find the answer.
I've had EPIM for a long time. Just added a new email address (xxxxxxx@gmail.com). I can send/receive email through that acct easily.
All other email accts I have attached to EPIM show new emails in the Inbox of 'Local Folders.' Not the new email acct. How do I direct all emails to local folder?
All other email accts are associated with a Tag. I have set a Message Rule associating the new acct with a tag. (I have a Tag column in 'Local Folders' that displays the tag name.) The Tag for received email for the new acct is blank. What am I doing wrong?
CraigS26
Guru

Re: Adding an email acct

Post by CraigS26 »

Until the experts show-up..... in my EPIM Gmail acct module I have an -- All Mail Folder -- and ONLY IT has Rt Clk / Create Rule for Folder.
In - Select Conditions for Messages - it has a drop-dn choice of -- Mail Account -- and a far Rt drop-dn box showing all 3 of my Mail Accts in EPIM.
- Move Message To - box below that offers all the Mail Accounts Folders members.
Do you have similar in your Local Folder & I wonder IF THAT is a solution path?
EPIM PRO LIFE 11.8.4 - Win 10 Pro - 22H2 --- ESET EIS Prem - Mbam Prem - Diskeeper Pro '15 - Macrium Pd v8
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Local Folders is for POP3 type of mail accounts. So please add a new account as POP3 and don't forget to enable the "Use Local Folders" option on the last step of the wizard.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
requiredusername
Guru

POP3 worked perfectly. Thanks.
Maybe off-topic for this thread, but I have set a Rule for this email acct. 'If incoming email = AbeLincoln@president.com, set tag to President.'
Works too well. Incoming email is tagged 'President, but also 'NoJunk.' How do I get rid of NoJunk?
requiredusername
Guru

I've searched EPIM HELP and googled "nonjunk." No hits. What is "nonjunk" and how do I remove this from "Tags?"
requiredusername
Guru

Found it. Right-clicked on 'Nonjunk' - delete
Should have been easy, but should be in HELP
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The "Nonjunk" tag is likely coming from the mail server, although once deleted it shouldn't come back.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!