How do I set default calendar?

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

ConLand
Experienced

How do I set default calendar?

Post by ConLand »

This must be really simple but I can't get rid of the Local Calendar, which I don't use.

When I move it down and others up, it somehow goes to the top calendar automatically. Then when I make a new appt, it uses the local as default.

I want to made new appointments use one of my other (Gmail or Outlook) calendars, such that I don't have to manually select it every time.

How do I set the default calendar, to not be the local?
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I set default calendar?

Post by admin »

Simply delete the last local calendar if you don't need it and the local account will be gone.

Create a template with the required calendar selected, save it and set as default. That should do it. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
ConLand
Experienced

Post by ConLand »

If you delete the local calendar, it automatically repopulates. If you move it down the calendar list, it also automatically moves to the top.

And this is after I set a default template to another calendar. So perhaps this is a bug??
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nothing should be repopulating or moving without your consent. What's your EPIM version number? Will you be able to reproduce this on a new DB? If so, please make a short video demonstrating the problem. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
ConLand
Experienced

Post by ConLand »

I'm on Pro 11.0.4 but this behavior was observed from 11.0.

Why do I need a new db? I would think it's an error on my "production" db.

If I delete the Local Calenders (Calendar 1), right-clicking on Local Calendars repopulates it. If I move Local Calendars to the bottom, then delete Calendar 1, it moves Local Calendars to the top again. Then you try to right-click to move down again, and guess what? You get Calendar 1 repopulating.

There should be a way to right-click and remove local calendar completely.
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

ConLand wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:29 pm I'm on Pro 11.0.4 but this behavior was observed from 11.0.

Why do I need a new db? I would think it's an error on my "production" db.

If I delete the Local Calenders (Calendar 1), right-clicking on Local Calendars repopulates it. If I move Local Calendars to the bottom, then delete Calendar 1, it moves Local Calendars to the top again. Then you try to right-click to move down again, and guess what? You get Calendar 1 repopulating.

There should be a way to right-click and remove local calendar completely.
Re: New db. Testing on a new db helps confirm that the error is with the production db, and not the WinPIM program itself. This is a very standard practice for debugging.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
ConLand
Experienced

Post by ConLand »

I think I should re-phrase this.

What I mean is that if other people haven't noted this, it is probably limited to my production db (and possibly others as well). Very unlikely to occur on a new db then. But it is still something to investigate, if occurring in production.

My other point above is that the "Local Calendars" entry seem to be fixed, ie. an entry that cannot be removed.