Background color is different (color boxes vs filled in) for local calendar and synced calendar

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

epuhzgis
Novice

Background color is different (color boxes vs filled in) for local calendar and synced calendar

Post by epuhzgis »

Hi
I just updated to newest 11.0.4, on windows. and having a problem.

When I synced Epim with Google calendar, it generated 2nd epim calendar. That's ok.

In the picture, purple and beige appointments belong to the 2nd calendar (automatically generated by syncing with google) The orange appointment belongs to local calendar.

When I selected "color boxes" in property, synced calendar appointments show up with filled background, while local calendar appointment shows up as colored box. (attached picture "color")

So, I select "filled in background" in the property.
both of them just toggle. (attached picture "filled")

So, I cannot have filled background for both 1st calendar and synced calendar.
I don't think this is supposed to....

I cannot find the way to specify this separately for each calendar.
Attachments
When "color boxes" is selected
When "color boxes" is selected
when "filed background" is selected
when "filed background" is selected
admin
Site Admin

Re: Background color is different (color boxes vs filled in) for local calendar and synced calendar

Post by admin »

Likely you selected a category for the event from the local calendar.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
amijo
Novice

Re: Background color is different (color boxes vs filled in) for local calendar and synced calendar

Post by amijo »

I think that there is bug in the way that calendar items are colored. If I select 'Display categories as Color boxes' in the Calendar module options, then I see the items in my Local Calendar with a color box but the items in my synced calendars with the box filled with the color for the individual calendar; on the contrary, if I select 'Display categories as Filled in background', then the items in the Local Calendar get the background filled in as per their category, while the items in the synced calendars are displayed with a color box. The setting should apply in the same way both to categories in the Local Calendar and to individual calendars in the Synced Calendars.

By the way, admin, thank you very much for the new multiple calendar / accounts feature.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is by design. If categories are displayed as color boxes, then background is filled in with the calendar color the events belong to and vice versa.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!