EPIM löscht Termine / deletes Events (Google)

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Wasserratte
Novice

EPIM löscht Termine / deletes Events (Google)

Post by Wasserratte »

Da EPIM schon einmal viele Termine (meist Serientermine) aus meinem Google Kalender gelöscht hatte und ich diese Termine neu anlegen musste, synchronisiere ich momentan nur in eine Richtung Google --> EPIM.
Jetzt ist mir aufgefallen, wenn ich in einem anderen Programm (eM Client) die Kategorie eines Termins ändere, wird dieser aus EPIM entfernt und in den Papierkorb gelegt. Im Google Kalender ist der Termin aber noch vorhanden!
Warum löscht EPIM Termine, wenn extern die Kategorie geändert wird? Bitte beheben Sie den Fehler (Danke).
Ich würde gerne die beidseitige Synchronisation (EPIM -> Google / Google -> EPIM) nutzen, aber das ist in der derzeitigen Version nicht sicher, das Termine verloren gehen können...

Since EPIM had already deleted many Events (mostly serial appointments) from my Google calendar and I had to create these Events again, I am currently only synchronizing in one direction Google --> EPIM.
Now I have noticed that if I change the category of an Event in another program (eM Client), it is removed from EPIM and placed in the recycle bin. The Event is still available in Google Calendar!
Why does EPIM delete Events when the category is changed externally? Please fix the error (thanks).
I would like to use the two-way synchronization (EPIM -> Google / Google -> EPIM), but this is not certain in the current version, as Events can be lost...
admin
Site Admin

Re: EPIM löscht Termine / deletes Events (Google)

Post by admin »

Events cannot be lost during sync as you can always find the removed items in Trash and then easily recover them, if needed. Now about the current issue. Please describe it in as much details as possible and preferably with a specific list of steps so that we could fully understand it. Also, it would help if you forward us a log file (which can be found here: Tools->Options->Synchronization, Browse... and its filename should start with "GoogleSync") after such synchronization mentioning names of the events that were removed.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Wasserratte
Novice

Post by Wasserratte »

Vielen Dank für die Antwort.
Ich habe es nochmal getestet und festgestellt, das Serientermine in EPIM gelöscht werden, wenn die Kategorie (Farbe) im Google Kalender (Webbrowser) geändert wird. Die einzelnen Schritte sehen Sie auf dem angehängten Bild.
Ich hoffe, es hilft und Sie können den Fehler schnell finden. Vielen Dank.

Many thanks for the answer.
I tested it again and found that series events in EPIM are deleted if the category (color) is changed in Google Calendar (web browser). You can see the individual steps in the attached image.
I hope it helps and you can find the error quickly.
Many Thanks
Attachments
epim_google_sync.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the update. Could you please also include a screenshot here with your Google synchronization settings (Tools->Option->Synchronization->Google)?
Wasserratte
Novice

Post by Wasserratte »

OK.
Ich arbeite sehr gerne mit EPIM (tolle Arbeit!), aber leider sind noch Probleme mit dem Google Kalender und Notizen vorhanden.

OK.
I really enjoy working with EPIM (great work!), but unfortunately there are still problems with Google Calendar and Notes.
Attachments
epim_google_sync_opt.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, it's still works as expected on our side. Please check it out with the new 11.1.5 version of EPIM (available on our web site) - will it start working as expected?
Wasserratte
Novice

Post by Wasserratte »

Vielen Dank. Leider hat es das Problem nicht behoben. Ich lasse die Option "auf der Gegenseite löschen" deaktiviert. Es muss dann manuell aktualisiert werden.

Many Thanks. Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. I leave the option "Delete on the far side" unchecked. It must then be updated manually.

Excuse my bad English, I hope it is understandable. It is translated with Google Translator.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here's what I need you to do then:
1. Create a test event in Google Calendar
2. Synchronize with EPIM
3. Change the color of the event in Google Calendar
4. Synchronize again
After that get the latest log file here: Tools->Options->Synchronization, Browse... and its filename should start with "GoogleSync" and forward to us, mentioning name of the test event. Thanks!
Wasserratte
Novice

Post by Wasserratte »

Nein, das werde ich nicht tun. In dieser Log-Datei sind alle meine Kontakte und Mailadressen enthalten (Datenschutz). Tut mir sehr leid, aber das geht nicht.

Ich werde erstmal mit diesem Problem weiterarbeiten und hoffen, dass es in einem kommenden Update behoben wird.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe und den schnellen Support.

---

No, I will not do that. This log file contains all my contacts and email addresses (data protection). I'm very sorry, but that's not possible.

I will continue working with this issue for now and hope it will be fixed in an upcoming update.

Thank you for your help and fast support.
Wasserratte
Novice

Post by Wasserratte »

Ich habe einen Testkalender in Google erstellt und einen Termin "Max geb." mit jährlicher Wiederholung erstellt.
Jetzt habe ich festgestellt, dass EPIM den Termin nur löscht, wenn die Kategorie (Farbe) dieses Termins in EPIM geändert wurde.
Ändern Sie dann die Kategorie (Farbe) direkt im Google Kalender, wird der Termin in EPIM entfernt.

Die Log-Datei habe ich als private Nachricht gesendet.

---

I created a test calendar in Google and set an event "Max geb." created with annual repetition.
Now I found that EPIM only deletes the event if the category (color) of this event has been changed in EPIM.
If you then change the category (color) directly in Google Calendar, the event will be removed in EPIM.

I sent the log file as a private message.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Are synchronization settings the same as on the screenshot above?
Wasserratte
Novice

Post by Wasserratte »

Ja, die gleichen Einstellungen.
Wenn ich "Gelöschte Einträge automatisch auf Gegenseite löschen" deaktiviere, dann wird der Termin nicht gelöscht.
---
Yes, the same settings. If I deactivate "Automatically delete deleted entries on the opposite side", the Event is not deleted.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, will work on this issue.