I have constant problems with Windos Synch to Android

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

SILVERCUP

I have constant problems with Windos Synch to Android

Post by SILVERCUP »

This is the function most important to me. I'm OK with only one way so long as it works

Synchronization hasn't happen since the Last Windows updates to both my notebook and Desktop.
It starts then looses the connection or something.

I subscribed to the cloud (2 week trial).
The PC syncs to it ok, how do I get my android phone to see what's in the cloud?
Steve Shank
Guru

Re: I have constant problems with Windos Synch to Android

Post by Steve Shank »

I haven't moved to cloud sync yet and am using Windows / AEPIM with my motorola phone and samsung tablet.

It isn't perfect. Here's things I've found:
It works perfectly for me about 90% of the time. For the other 10%
Connection issues can usually be solved by:
1. turning off my wifi and then turning it back on, and making sure I'm connected to my office network, not guest network.
2. If that fails, doing the manual connection from the settings 3 dots
3. If that fails, then closing and restarting EPIM. I've found that EPIM needs to be restarted once or twice a week or weirdness ensues.

Just this morning my samsung sync failed. Restarting epim allowed it to work.

I'm not sure what causes these issues, because my Motorola phone might fail 1% of the time only. It is faster and more reliable than the Samsung tablet. So, it isn't just the program or the program and the interaction with the desktop, but also the android device itself.

Finally, be sure and keep both products up to date. I've found that most updates improve the pc to android sync.