Odd content after edit of recurring event

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

poet-man
Guru

Odd content after edit of recurring event

Post by poet-man »

Hi there,

donot know whether this is an issue or not ...

Background: Direct 2-way-sync between AEPIM 6.0.10 and WinEPIM 11.2.3.

There is a recurring event in AEPIM, that is repeated once a week. One of the events of the series gets edited (different beginn time).
So no part of the series any more on AEPIM side and no recurrancy date there. So everything ok.
However on WinEPIM side this single event has recurrancy data in it, that is greyed (repeat every day during the next 10 days, beginning with beginn date). This data doesnot seem to do anything, but it is there in the edit window (greyed) and also in the title line of the window. All the other content is correct.

Anybody any idea where this comes from and why it is greyed (doesnot seem to be possible to edit recurrancy data there)?

Thanks
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Odd content after edit of recurring event

Post by admin »

This is by design. The message at the top means the event is coming from the series of events, although since it has been changed separately from rest of the events, it's now considered to be an excluded appointment.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

However ... the message at the top is very different from the data of the series. At least in the example there was on my side.
AND ... seems the excluded event cannot get reccurancy data anymore (i.e. repeat it every month), because it is greyed there
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ahha, confirm the issue with the incorrect message, will adjust it so that is shows correct data.
And about possibility to edit such events, will probably make it happen through an additional question asking whether to open such an event as individual one or as the entire series.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!