Add new tasks

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
marmegint
Experienced

Add new tasks

Post by marmegint »

I have two requests for you.
(I haven't read about the next requests here in the forum, sorry if it has already been discussed.)

It often happens that I have to enter several tasks in a row.
In such cases, in addition to the "Done" button, a "Done and New" button can be useful.
It is especially useful for subtasks (child), when you want to add more subtasks to one task.

I'm thinking something similar:
New.png

It's also common for me to add subtasks to a task.
At the moment, you have to select the task to which you want to add a subtask, then you can create it with the "Add as child" command in the menu.

Here, after selecting the given task, it would only be enough to click on the add button (lower right, yellow circle with a plus sign), which would create a subtask (so that, of course, the command would also remain in the menu).

Please consider these!
These are small things, but they make regular daily work easier.

Thank you.
marmegint
Experienced

Re: Add new tasks

Post by marmegint »

Hello!

Partly related to the previous requests, when there are many tasks on one page (list) of the Tasks module, you cannot manually drag the lowest one because it is covered by the Add button.

A very good solution for this could be when the Add button disappears when you scroll such a list to the bottom task, so that the task below it also becomes accessible.
As soon as we start scrolling back the page, the Add button would appear again.

Thank you.
DG
Beta Team

Post by DG »

Hi marmegint,
in addition to the "Done" button, a "Done and New" button can be useful.
When you create a task, there is a button for "Save & New". Does this do what you are asking?

Update: I see that my suggestion doesn't apply to your question—I just noticed you are asking about EPIM for Android, and my suggestion applies to the Windows version.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks very much for all the suggestions, they do sound logical and useful. We will include them in the next versions of the app.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
kdgdr
Guru

Post by kdgdr »

+1 for the suggestions above.
marmegint wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:15 pm you cannot ... because it is covered by the Add button.
This is also an issue in AEPIM Calendar:
Depending on the view settings, the right-hand side of an appointment or task is coverd by the yellow Add button.
This makes it impossible to click on the item's "hamburger" icon (3 horizontal lines).
marmegint
Experienced

Post by marmegint »

Hello!

This is great.

Thank you very much.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

The mentioned point as to the add-button is something that might possibly be useful for other cases as well ...
On my side I sometimes have to change category-management in AEPIM. In calendar module you can go to category management in upper right corner in menu. There also the add (+) button very often covers the last item in the list, so that one is not able to open the management options on the right side for that last item in the list.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.