New ideas about local calendar

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

kamarad
Expert

New ideas about local calendar

Post by kamarad »

Under the tasks local calendar, I have created my own category, but in calendar all tasks, even those from my categories, are shown under tasks that come with the programs.
Properties under tasks, which come with the programs, are gray and not clickable, but the properties under my categories are as they should be.
In the calendar itself you have no use for those other categories because if I click off the tasks that come with the programs, then all disappear including all my tasks that are not in the tasks of the programs but in my own category.

Is there something wrong with the programs or?
Last edited by kamarad on Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bug in calendar

Post by admin »

I'm sorry, but I'm not fully understanding the problem. Could you please provide more details and perhaps share some sample screenshots to help us better grasp the issue?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
kamarad
Expert

Post by kamarad »

Under module tasks we have local calendar and under module calendar we also have local calendar, right!
I create my own category Important in the module tasks - local calendar and under module calendar - local calendar I also create a category Important.
In module tasks-local calendar I create an event and I want it to appear in category important in module calendar-local calendar but it doesn't, my event appears in category tasks in module calendar.
Is it possible to show events from own category in module the data in own category in module calendar??? All those events appear in category tasks-local calendar-calendar and I want them to be in my own category which is after tasks category.
:D :D :shock: :roll: :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:
kamarad
Expert

Post by kamarad »

All my tasks (module tasks) are not in category tasks (local calender) they are also in my own category that I have created in local calendar (module tasks) but all of them appear in category tasks local calendar (module calendar).
Is it possible for them to be displayed in their own category local calendar (module calendar)?
Today tasc/event from my own category in module tasc cannot be displayed in my own category that I have created in calendar module, all are displayed in category tasks.
:D :roll:
kamarad
Expert

Post by kamarad »

In the module calendar I have a task/event in the category important or urgent but they are not shown in the category they are in the tasks category because if I click off the tasks category then they are not visible even if they are in the category important or urgent!
:cry:
Last edited by kamarad on Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
kamarad
Expert

Post by kamarad »

In module calendar, under local calendar, from the beginning there are only tasks!
If you add a new calendar named Leads and create an event in Leads, it does not appear in the new Leads calendar, it appears in the tasks calendar that is there from the beginning.
The Tasks calendar has gray properties and cannot be clicked on, but the new calendar Leads that you create yourself has clickable properties!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with screenshots to support your request. Currently, it is not clear to us based on the information provided. Providing screenshots will help us better understand your request and enable us to assist you more effectively. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
kamarad
Expert

Post by kamarad »

Picture no. 1 shows information under modul Tasks the Important category called Test.

On picture no. 2, under modul Calender the activity appears in the lokal calendar under the Important category named Test. If I click off Immortant category this activity remains but if I click off Tasks category that activity disappears even though it is not in Tasks category, it is in Important category.?

I wonder if the programs are structured in such a way that all activities from the Tasks module are only displayed in the calendar under Tak's calendar?
Attachments
pictures_1_tasks_Important_Test.png
pictures_2_kalender_Important_Test.png
pictures_3_kalender_not_Important.png
pictures_3_kalender_not_Tasks.png
Last edited by kamarad on Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
kamarad
Expert

Post by kamarad »

In the calendar module, local calendar Tasks, the properties for this local calendar are gray so you can't click on them, but it goes to the other calendars you create.
Attachments
properties_grey.JPG
properties_not_grey.JPG
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I see now what you meant, hank you for providing us with the screenshots. This behavior is intentional and by design. All tasks are stored in the local calendar named "Tasks". If you want to filter tasks based on their assigned category rather than the assigned list, as shown in the screenshots, you can assign a specific category to a task. Then, you can use the "View" menu and select "Show Categories" to uncheck the categories you don't want to be visible. I hope this explanation clarifies things for you.
kamarad
Expert

Post by kamarad »

Ok, thanks for your reply.
That goes for the Tasks module, right? But regarding module calendar, is it possible to have the data from newly created category urgent, from module Tasks, to appear in local calendar in newly created local calendar with the same name urgent and not in Tasks local calendar?

Now I can create a new appointment in any category I want in the local calendar and they will be displayed there, but I am thinking if I create the same category division in the modules tasks and calendar and that the event is displayed in the calendar module in the local calendar that corresponds category in the tasks module.

I think it is an advantage to have different tasks from the Tasks module displayed in the corresponding category in the calendar and not that all should be in the local calendar.
If I have to follow up on a task, then it suits me better that the task is in the local calendar named Follow-up and not in the local calendar named Tasks!
Then I can have better control of the tasks in the calendar module on those that will be done, those that I am doing, and on those that I have done.

If this is not the case, which category should you have in the calendar module apart from the local calendar, which includes all Tasks?
admin
Site Admin

Re: New ideas about local calendar

Post by admin »

Allow me to reiterate: in EPIM, all tasks are displayed within the local calendar named "Tasks." On the other hand, categories are shared among different types of items in EPIM. This means that you can utilize the same categories for events, tasks, and emails, providing a consistent categorization system across various types of items within the application.
If you have any further questions or need additional clarification, please don't hesitate to let me know.
kamarad
Expert

Re: New ideas about local calendar

Post by kamarad »

ok, thanks for your answers.