syncing to android google notes has been a consistent problem..

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

admin
Site Admin

Re: syncing to android google notes has been a consistent problem..

Post by admin »

Just one more question, if you don't mind. Did you happen to notice if the issue was only related to images, or if it also affected other types of files such as PDFs?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Laurent C.
Guru

Post by Laurent C. »

johncesta wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:24 pm No, it doesn't matter where I add the attachment, I can add it from Android or PC.

I am telling you there is no rythm or reason. I use epim like a normal user. I add attachments from android, I add them from PC I still get the same result. I Don't do anything in between. I can always see the attachments on the PC. Always. The attachments are always on google drive. Always. They just fail to display on aepim on my Samsung s22 ultra.

This is not a complex thing and one in which I do not have any more time to fuss with it. It doesn't work for me and that's that.

Maybe you can't reproduce it and I can't believe that it's only me. Again this has always been a problem with epim and I've used many different laptops and phones thru the last 5 years. Same problem. Always been a problem.

So we can cancel out environment, equipment versions of EPIM etc.

Sorry but I need to move on.
Hi
I confirm there are problems with notes' sync and not only for attachments : you're not alone
I had some identical behaviors with attachment in the past
Hopefully, I have quickly decided to stick on texts only for the sake of EPIM/AEPIM syncing
And even there, I suffer recurrently of some strange errors or loss that I discover mostly how to cope with manually = easier with text :wink: notes, of course
Regards
EPIM Pro + EPIM Android (AEPIM) / W10 Pro 64 bits FR + Office 2019 Pro Plus
rholland

Post by rholland »

I just started to use epim. I cannot get WinEPIM (Win 11) to sync at all with Google Drive. It just hangs forever on syncing, with a blank where the progress bar goes. I am testing with a couple of simple text notes.

Also, the program does not shut down properly. I cannot shut the syncing window using the stop buttons - it is frozen. And when I close the program through the task manager it always leaves background processes running that I also have to close.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Firstly, could you please mention your EPIM version number? Following that, we would appreciate it if you could take a screenshot of the synchronization status window at the point when EPIM freezes and attach it to your next post. Lastly, we will need the log file to check the background sync processes. To access it, navigate to Tools -> Options, select "Logs Folder," and locate the file that starts with "GoogleSync.
johncesta
Guru

Post by johncesta »

admin

Cant you guys do any in house testing? I am sure you have an android phone and a windows laptop. Like I said, this has been an ongoing problem with epim since the day I started using it many many years ago. It is still a problem.

I've spent enough time testing and answering questions. Take a poll and see if anyone else has this problem. I think you'll be surprised.
John Cesta
Knights of Columbus
Laurent C.
Guru

Post by Laurent C. »

johncesta wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:29 pm admin

Cant you guys do any in house testing? I am sure you have an android phone and a windows laptop. Like I said, this has been an ongoing problem with epim since the day I started using it many many years ago. It is still a problem.

I've spent enough time testing and answering questions. Take a poll and see if anyone else has this problem. I think you'll be surprised.
I don't dare write this... :oops:
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

admin

Me too. I don´t use synchronizing at all because of the many troubles with it. (Desktop > Cloud > Android).
EPIM is a very nice notetaking, planing, passwordmanaging Emailprogram, but synchronizing don´t works for me so I don´t use it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is not uncommon for some users to encounter issues or difficulties, although this is not the case for the majority of our user base. If you happen to experience any problems, we would appreciate it if you provide us with as much information and details as possible. This will greatly assist us in identifying and resolving any issues you may be facing. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Laurent C.
Guru

Post by Laurent C. »

admin wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:30 am It is not uncommon for some users to encounter issues or difficulties, although this is not the case for the majority of our user base. If you happen to experience any problems, we would appreciate it if you provide us with as much information and details as possible. This will greatly assist us in identifying and resolving any issues you may be facing. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Hi

I have yet opened several bugs in the past with you - and recently on empty notes bug for the previous version, and cooperated with tests and logs

But I have not the time for each issue I encounter - I have a job and many other commitments

Yesterday, I have discovered that several notes synced from EPIM to AEPIM have been doubled on AEPIM : two same labeled notes with different contents - too weird !? But I will not open an issue : no time for that and I will wait for later versions as far as I do not lose all my data...

Regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for your input. It would have been helpful if you could have simply forwarded us the log file of the latest sync. However, we understand that everyone has their own preferences in how they choose to handle situations. We appreciate your efforts in reaching out to us and providing the information you have shared so far. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Thank you once again for your input.
Laurent C.
Guru

Post by Laurent C. »

I don't know when it happens this year and with which version - so I think it's over for the logs files - anyway, I'm not hot to share logs files because of all the personal data inside and no process to anonymized - last times I used a new instance of the tool to debug - rgds
Laurent C.
Guru

Post by Laurent C. »

I have cleaned the doubled notes keeping the good ones with correct data, and I do not have the issue again — for the moment : I do not how it happens and I usually discover that really too late to check... Regards
johncesta
Guru

Post by johncesta »

Still notes picture are gray on Android phone. I don't get why he majority works. I have all new devices. State of the art. I just purchased a new surface 7 and still when I sync notes pictures they display in surface but not on android phone galaxy s22 ultra. Only gray place holders display.
John Cesta
Knights of Columbus
DanFelix
Novice

Post by DanFelix »

Apologies if my question/comment seems unrespectful, but, why are you trying to cobble together two disparate PIMs? Google is one approach to PIM and EPIM is another. All data + files + graphics are quite usable in their respective constructions. What are you trying to achieve that is not already available in either construct? I know this sounds like I am challenging you but I am not. I am trying to understand. Thanks.
johncesta
Guru

Post by johncesta »

Well I don't know what you are talking about. I am trying to use epim on android and view the images that I send with the epim notes application either from my laptop or from my phone. I mean, I do believe this is supposed to be a supported feature of epim android is it not?

If this is not a supported feature then I beg everyone's forgiveness. And sorry for wasting anyone's time.
John Cesta
Knights of Columbus