EPIM creates identical tasks, can't delete a single task

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

matekopwy

EPIM creates identical tasks, can't delete a single task

Post by matekopwy »

Hello,

I use the EPIM free version.
When using the Tasks tab, when I copy tasks, EPIM creates several identical tasks. They are somehow related to each other, i.e. closing or deleting them causes each of them to be closed or deleted.

This makes normal operation of the application very difficult.

The second thing is that each time the program is launched, the task list is displayed together with closed tasks. Each time you have to exclude closed ones from view (right mouse button). Is it possible to remember this setting?
Steve Shank
Guru

Re: EPIM creates identical tasks, can't delete a single task

Post by Steve Shank »

I don't know about the free version, but for the regular version the new task form has a Repeat every box on the left for tasks that you want to repeat. If it is unchecked, you shouldn't get multiples. Under View, I have a Hide completed, shortcut CTRL-H

If you don't have that, perhaps it is paid version only.
matekopwy

Re: EPIM creates identical tasks, can't delete a single task

Post by matekopwy »

This section in free version is inactive (disabled). I don't use them.
What I do is copy existing entries (tasks), modify the title, description and date. Then, when I close one task (progress to 100% or checkbox in the list), the application automatically closes other tasks...as if they were associated with the "source" task. I don't know why it happens.

The problem with displaying closed tasks is that the application does not remember this option. I have to turn it on every time. I know the CTRL+H shortcut very well :-)