New fields in contacts donot appear

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
poet-man
Guru

New fields in contacts donot appear

Post by poet-man »

Hi there,

in a contact I add a new field, because there used to be one phone number only, and now there have to be three in the contact.
So now I created two extra fields there, so there are the three fields phone1, phone2 and phone3.
But when I want to use the new fields, they are not there in the drop-down-list. Such a new field is there, at the moment I create it, and it pops up as the new field below the new number from where I started the field creation. But when I want to change fields for the numbers (reorder) which there are in the contact, I cannot find the new field names in the list.

BTW:
Is there some way to change the order of the phone numbers in the contact?
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Re: New fields in contacts donot appear

Post by admin »

We're having trouble comprehending the issue from your description. Could you please provide us with a list of steps to assist you better?

Unfortunately, the order of the phone fields cannot be changed.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Sorry, this was my fault!
In the drop-down-list only those fields are visible, that are not used in the contact so far. So to assign a field to a phone number, one has to make sure first, that this field is not used in the contact so far. If it was used before, one would have to make it "free" by not having it assigned anywhere in the contact.
At least that is, what I found.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for the explanation, it's clear now. This behavior is intentional. However, if necessary, you can create custom fields with the same names.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!