Removing Orphaned Appointments 3xwk until 2038

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

GRNTGR
Novice

Removing Orphaned Appointments 3xwk until 2038

Post by GRNTGR »

All,

I've been using PIM for myself for awhile, it's stable and working well now but, there have been times in the past that were rocky. I noticed I have one orphaned appointment that I originally set up as repeating 3x per week indefinitely. It's something from a few years ago. It's now a bunch of single one day all day appointments 3 times a week until 2038.

Is there any way I can do some kind of data base edit or search for all and delete in a command line interface someplace?

Otherwise, the program works great.

Thanks,
BT
admin
Site Admin

Re: Removing Orphaned Appointments 3xwk until 2038

Post by admin »

I would suggest switching to the Calendar's Agenda view. From there, you can search for the event's name, select all the occurrences, and remove them. This would likely be the fastest and easiest solution to the problem.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
GRNTGR
Novice

Re: Removing Orphaned Appointments 3xwk until 2038

Post by GRNTGR »

Thank you, I had not fully explored the pull downs well enough. I did do exactly that and was able to remove all the errant appointments easily.

To share a follow on note I've made to my self; when setting up repeating entries, I'm going to ensure that all have a maximum number or "until" date set either by number of records it will generate or by some calendar interval like 1 or 2 years. That way if something does happen, memory size does not go through the roof. Like everything else we should expect calendar programs and email clients will need regular maintenance too.

Regards,
BT