A few suggestions

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Lycanbacca

A few suggestions

Post by Lycanbacca »

Evening,

Have used EPIM for a few years now and have a few suggestions.

The tool tip when you hover over an event cuts off the important description, and fades quickly.
Could this be customisable with which fields to show, and how long before it fades?

Left clicking an entry name lets me edit the title, could this be disabled?

Perhaps a preview pane when selecting an event rather than having to open the event to edit in order to see the description?

Displaying the completion percentage next too the priority icon would also be nice.
admin
Site Admin

Re: A few suggestions

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestions. Let me address the questions as follows:
- It's currently impossible to customize the tooltip displaying duration, as this is determined by Windows. You cannot customize which fields to include in the tooltip at the moment.
- The option to disable this feature is not available at the moment. Could you please elaborate a bit on why you don't find this feature useful?
- We can consider implementing this feature in the future.
- Noted, thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

Lycanbacca wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:35 pm
Perhaps a preview pane when selecting an event rather than having to open the event to edit in order to see the description?
+1

All my calendar views are very crowded with events. I consistently have to open, and close, events to see their descriptions. After the first several times in a row, this becomes extremely tedious. Expanding the current event preview pane to include the event description would be an immense time saver! Please, please consider implementing this as soon as possible - thank you for listening. (If necessary, this expansion of current event preview pane could be enabled/disabled) under "Tools -> Options -> Calendar".)
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
M&M
Experienced

Post by M&M »

Each module should have a preview window with all the information about the active entry, as with the contacts. This preview window should be closed or opened as required using arrow keys.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We are planning to introduce a preview window for appointments first. Thank you.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!