Frustrations with notifications closing

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

aurio
Novice

Re: Frustrations with notifications closing

Post by aurio »

I think I can confirm this with a calender appointment reminder in some way:

If the Pop-Up appears, the pre-selected button by EPIM is the blue "Go to item". Pressing the spacebar is like pressing enter - the pop-up disappears and EPIM jumps to the calender entry. I think its not really a malfunction but for shure can be annoying behavier in the wrong moment.

Tested with EPIM Portable 11.8.2 in test environment.
EPIM Pro 11.8.4 Business Edition - 3 Users - Network
Language: German/English
jim999
Guru

Post by jim999 »

aurio wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:41 pm I think I can confirm this with a calender appointment reminder in some way:

If the Pop-Up appears, the pre-selected button by EPIM is the blue "Go to item". Pressing the spacebar is like pressing enter - the pop-up disappears and EPIM jumps to the calender entry. I think its not really a malfunction but for shure can be annoying behavier in the wrong moment.

Tested with EPIM Portable 11.8.2 in test environment.
Thanks for the further explanation. My point is that if one is in another application that has keyboard focus, then EPIM should not gain keyboard focus. I have lost count of how many times this has happened over the past couple of months since I regularly am in various chats or other web forms entering posts only to have the notification window disappear. I am sure that this has been a recent occurrence. Has anything changed in EPIM that it steals focus from other apps without any intervention on the end user part?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I can confirm that currently, pressing the space bar is equivalent to the "Go To Event" action, and I agree that this is not very intuitive. We will change this in the next EPIM update.

However, we have not been able to replicate the issue with the reminders window stealing focus so far. This could only occur if the "Stay on top" option is enabled for the reminder's window.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
jim999
Guru

Post by jim999 »

The reminders window has to be stealing keyboard focus. Pressing the space bar when the cursor is in Notepad and at the same time that the notification window pops up would put a space in the text window in Notepad! It is not! The spacebar press is being captured by and acted upon by EPIM. It closes the popup window and goes to the appointment in the calendar. If Notepad still had keyboard focus none of this would happen. This is happening even if I disable all keyboard shortcuts in EPIM. This behaviour is also occurring on another system, on which I just installed the portable version of EPIM.