Installation Riddle

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

AlanNP
Novice

Installation Riddle

Post by AlanNP »

Hello,

I loaded EPIM onto my computer a few years ago and I've forgotten the installation procedure.

I've started using the EPIM password vault and I have my EPIM installation passcode stored in it. I'm concerned that, when I install EPIM on a new computer, I need the passcode to do the installation, but I need EPIM installed and running to recover the passcode. I could be snookered - I could need EPIM installed to install EPIM.

Is it possible to install a limited version of EPIM without having a passcode so I can retrieve the passcode and then do a full installation?

Alan.
lorymax
Guru

Re: Installation Riddle

Post by lorymax »

yes, a paradox. I'm not sure I understand correctly.
I simply stored the license key on another device. Or you could very well install the EPIM free version and open the password archive with that.
Obviously I hope that you have not stored the password to open the archive in the password archive :roll: :?
AlanNP
Novice

Post by AlanNP »

Lorymax,
Thanks for your reply. Is the free version something separate that comes with its own installer, or is there one installer for free and paid versions?
Alan.
lorymax
Guru

Post by lorymax »

AlanNP wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:07 pm Lorymax,
Thanks for your reply. Is the free version something separate that comes with its own installer, or is there one installer for free and paid versions?
Alan.
download the latest version from the site and you can choose whether to use the installed version or the portable one.
Upon first installation, a 30-day pro trial version is activated, then you can enter the license code or at the end of the trial it automatically switches to the free version.
AlanNP
Novice

Post by AlanNP »

Lorymax,
Thanks for your reply, I was hoping that would be the case. Now I don't need to spray the passcode on my ceiling,
Alan.