Sync with android system calendar

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Ivy
Novice

Sync with android system calendar

Post by Ivy »

Hi,
I'm using EPIM Pro and I'm happy that I found the way (here in the forum) to sync the contacts to the andoid system contacts.
Now I would like to sync the calendar with to the andoid system calendar. In the forum I found, that this is not possible, that EPIM syncs only with the android EPIM calender.
Since EPIM syncs with so many cloud-calendars, I think it shoud be possible to sync also with the android system calendar. This would be very helpful because the EPIM calendar offers no comfort. There is not even the possibility to adjust the text size. (Please don't suggest to increase the andoid system text size, because this increases the size everywhere and this leads to truncatet texts all over the system.)

If EPIM synched to the system calender everybody could use the calendar he/she likes the most.
I used aCalendar with outlook before I switched to EPIM. Please see a Screenshot of EPIM calendar and aCalendar.

Please consider this sync option
Kind regards
Ivy

2024-03-26_epimCalender.jpg
2024-03-26_aCalender.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sync with android system calendar

Post by admin »

While synchronizing directly with the system calendar isn't currently possible, data can be synchronized through various account integrations.

Since the system calendar likely syncs with your Google account and both AEPIM and WinEPIM support this type of synchronization, you can still achieve identical data in your system calendar.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Ivy
Novice

Post by Ivy »

Hi,
I don't synchronize anything with Google, I only sync EPIM-desktop with EPIM-android.
Before I switched to EPIM, I synced the system calendar with outlook.
Syncing via Google would be a possible way, but it's a detour wich I preferred to avoid if possible.
So it would be nice, if you cosidered a direct sync option for a future release, for there are lots of people who don't like Google that much :wink:
Kind regards
Ivy
DanFelix
Novice

Post by DanFelix »

I agree with Ivy. Syncing the EPIM calendar would also allow the use of Samsung voice (Bixby) to access the calendar. Voice is important for different situations and physical limitations. Adding the complexity of Google or Outlook is, just that, adding a complexity. It already links in some capacity since Contants' birthdays do link into the calendar. Some users, myself included, use EPIM because it is not Outlook or Google. My 2 cents worth.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you, every opinion counts. We will look into incorporating this feature, although it may entail some limitations concerning calendars in the local calendar accounts on the devices (not all event properties are supported in that scenario).
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Ivy
Novice

Post by Ivy »

Thanks a lot!
I can live with some limitations, no problem.
I just want to have an easy solution with wich I can avoid additional software like outlook and google.

I switched from outlook to EPIM because I wanted to have a software to use on desktop and android that can sync by itself without additional software. That's what I call easy and comfortable.

For outlook I had to use MyPhoneExplorer to sync and whenever I bought a new computer I hat to install outlook and MyPhoneExplorwe and set up everything. With EPIM portable I can just copy my EPIM-Directory to the new computer and everyhing works fine. That's why I like EPIM so much.

Kind regards
Ivy
DanFelix
Novice

Post by DanFelix »

I can live with limitations. Thank you for considering the feature.