EPIM 12.01 Google Sync issues

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

jim999
Guru

EPIM 12.01 Google Sync issues

Post by jim999 »

I have EPIM on my Windows 10 desktop. It does a 1 wat syncs of contacts and appointments some recurring ones to a Google account. iOS calendar uses the same Google account. I had multiple reoccurring appointments showing up twice in IOS Calendar but not in Google Calendar. I had to search Google Calendar on the web for these multiple appointments which were in Google Calendar in past years and delete them. That got rid of them in the iOS Calendar as well. Now though when I try to sync from desktop to my Google acct the appts from my desktop no longer makes it up to Google calendar web or iOS app nor to iOS Calendar
admin
Site Admin

Re: EPIM 12.01 Google Sync issues

Post by admin »

You might want to consider clearing up sync data for the synchronization you are experiencing issues with. You can do this by accessing "File" -> "Database Management". Would it resolve the problem?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
jim999
Guru

Re: EPIM 12.01 Google Sync issues

Post by jim999 »

A couple of hours after posting here the sync worked all the reoccurring appointments except for one. I tried your suggestion about clearing the sync data, but it didn't help syncing the missing appointment. That missing reoccurring appointment is not showing up in the Google Calendar web no on the Google Calendar iOS app.

I spent countless hours trying to figure out why iOS Calendar was showing some duplicate reoccurring appointments yet Google Calendar was not.

I created a new non-repeating appointment right after the non-syncing repeating appointment. Tried a sysnc neither showed up in iOS Calendar. Cleared the sync data. No difference. Checked the Google Calendar iOS app and the newly created appointment shows up. I removed the Google Calendar from the iOS Calendar and then added it back. Refreshed iOS Calendar and the newly added appointment showed up. About to give up on iOS Calendar.

I just deleted the non-syncing reoccurring appointment and recreated it. It syncs to Google Calendar fine.
SIGH