Why you DON'T like EPIM?

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Max
Site Admin

Why you DON'T like EPIM?

Post by Max »

Hello everyone,

as know, there is a topic "why you like EPIM". Well, to be fair, I am welcoming any feedback why you don't like EPIM and what you miss? What would make your work with EPIM immensely more productive?

We are in the middle of preparing 2.0 Beta 1, we might be able to even squeeze one of 2 small features into 2 (not that we have run out of feature suggestions, but, nevertheless).
Maxim,
EPIM Team
hannasge
Novice

Post by hannasge »

Positively worded:
- Need to export to Palm handheld.
- Add an "Elminate Duplicate Entries" function for Schedule tasks.
- Add 1 or 2 CUSTOM catagories in Contacts area
- Show Business and Personal Info simultaneously in bottom contacts window

Thanks for the question.
rocketranch
Novice

Post by rocketranch »

-Give users the option to move the toolbar from the right side to the top to free up screen real estate.
-Improve formatting on the To-Do module (probably in the works).
-Give users the option of using numbers/letters (1-5 or A-E) and or symbols for priority settings.
-GUI looks dated.

(overall a great program)
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you everyone!
Version 2.0 will feature a strong interface improvement, hope you will like it:)
Maxim,
EPIM Team
gui
Guru

Post by gui »

Max,

for me the programm is "The Max"

everything what's more on it is surplus :wink:

go on like this.
Gui
Firence
Beta Team

Post by Firence »

Hi

you asked, i answer:

- no ical-standard-using (import/Export/sync) sample: alldayevents,...
- events on more then one day sometimes are wrong
- no using external icals (sports, holidays, ...)
- only one alldayevent per day
- no optimal databases ( to much fixing by User)

And i worked as a moderator for the german board and a betatester. I never get a licence for the pro-version to test and support.

So i never use epim any more. :-(

Edit 07.Feb.2007: May i hope for better using in the future?
When you want to say "Hello" in Mainz (Germany), say "Gude"
Moozer

Post by Moozer »

Hello,

There is no possibility to add a row or column after existing rows or columns, only between or before. You can't choose where to put an new row or column.

That's it for me.

Moozer
Linds
Novice

Post by Linds »

sorry for the long post but a while back I jotted a few things down in another post so I just quoted that post and your response max. Also at the top of the list I would put no Palm sync capabilities. I would be using it tomorrow if it had that.

Looking forward to 2.0 :lol: :lol:

Linds wrote:Dear Support,

A few days ago I happened across you epim program, downloaded it and started playing around with it. I come from a shop does custom kitchens, We have about 10 computers in our office. I have been searching for a computer program that could fill some gaps when it came to scheduling, contact management, etc. We have been just been file sharing a word document or excel document for most of those needs up to this point. It wasn’t bad when we only had 3 computers in the office but as we have grown more mistakes have been popping up with the way we process information.

So far I have been very impressed with your program. I have however ran into a few issues that I had questions about. Maybe it is something I think is missing, or should be done another way, or maybe the feature I think is missing is either on the way or already can be done or maybe can be done with a simple workaround. Was that a run on sentence. Oh well, I hope you get the picture. I am going to list the different questions, or thoughts below. They are not listed in the order of importance but listed in the order thought of:)

ON the Schedule Module

It would be nice if completeion 25% 50% 75% 100% would be customizable to say something else. For example, Shop prints completed, Doors ordered, cnc cut, Follow up, These are different points

Right click to view categories of schedule is a bit tedious there should be a way to change which category is viewed in the schedule by a tool on the right side tool bar.

I wish there would be a way to assign a person from my contacts to a certain scheduled event. Along with that I wish I could then go to my contacts click on that specific contact and be able to see all the scheduled events I have for him. Also to be able to assign a note to a certain contact, then be able to access that note from within the contact. I realize you can make a note for a contact but your actual notes module allows more then plain text.

I really like the ability to look at scheduled events in the table view. That is one of the big selling points for my application. I would like to be able to add a field like I can add a field in the contacts. Be able to define the field as a date, and then sort by that date.

I would like to be able to see a month view minus Saturday’s and Sunday’s.

Any helps are appreciated
Max wrote:Hello,

we appreciate your suggestions, let me comment on each:
Linds wrote:ON the Schedule Module

It would be nice if completeion 25% 50% 75% 100% would be customizable to say something else. For example, Shop prints completed, Doors ordered, cnc cut, Follow up, These are different points
Hm...will see. So far logic unclear. In most cases user would want a task "door order" entered separately and put 100%.
Linds wrote: Right click to view categories of schedule is a bit tedious there should be a way to change which category is viewed in the schedule by a tool on the right side tool bar.
thanks, noted. Maybe will do it via shortcuts.
Linds wrote: I wish there would be a way to assign a person from my contacts to a certain scheduled event. Along with that I wish I could then go to my contacts click on that specific contact and be able to see all the scheduled events I have for him. Also to be able to assign a note to a certain contact, then be able to access that note from within the contact. I realize you can make a note for a contact but your actual notes module allows more then plain text.
That is being worked on.
Linds wrote: I really like the ability to look at scheduled events in the table view. That is one of the big selling points for my application. I would like to be able to add a field like I can add a field in the contacts. Be able to define the field as a date, and then sort by that date.
Noted, thanks. However present Task interface does not allow to diplay additional fields. Will see if it can be implemented in the future.
Linds wrote: I would like to be able to see a month view minus Saturday’s and Sunday’s.
Yes, that's in the to-do list.
:lol:
dougdunc
Novice

Enhance Attachments Page within Contacts

Post by dougdunc »

Can't Attach (bridge) Tasks, To-Dos, Notes, etc., to the attachment page of contacts as is done in Microsoft Outlook. Only external files.

I'd like to see that implemented.
Trancial

:)

Post by Trancial »

i like epim but will be more good if implemented those 2 'critical' feature : viewtopic.php?t=4327 iam sure it will help alot of people and epim will dominate the pim software market! :twisted:
AlanNP
Novice

Suggested Areas for Attention

Post by AlanNP »

1) It is slow to load, especially over a network, and seems to be a bit of a resource hog - at least on my poxy SP system.

2) I would like to synchronise with the address book on my Nokia E61, and preferably without involving any Micro$oft bugware.

3) It would be useful to copy contact details to the clipboard in a user-specified format.

4) A COM interface, or anything to let me hook up a dialler, would be welcome.

Alan.
offmdan
Beta Team

Post by offmdan »

Firence wrote:Hi

And i worked as a moderator for the german board and a betatester. I never get a licence for the pro-version to test and support.

I am saddened by hearing this.
This simply adds to the lack of responsiveness on behalf of Support which would be one of my major complaints.
-Dan
outlinerone
Beta Team

re

Post by outlinerone »

The Contacts section is too limiting currently.

Any chance that you can have multiple, separate Contacts in the same database, or be able to see Notes information more easily represented in a table format where columns can be sorted? This is not available currently in Notes, at least not with the 1.95 version I am using.

Let me explain. I am using the Contacts section as a database to display website URLs,ids,passwords,categories, etc. Being able to sort this information by ANY column and do instant find is a major time saving.

I would like to be able to create an unlimited amount of databases this way in Contacts. Over the years I have stored lots of information in the Notes area that would be better organized if in records as the Contacts section represents for ease of finding/displaying...
JeffPom
Novice

Post by JeffPom »

I don't like that it doesn't sync with yahoo.

Contrary to a majority of the "geek" world... I use Yahoo a lot instead of gmail and google calendars. I would love - LOVE ePIM to sync with my yahoo calendar (and even the rest if possible.)
offmdan
Beta Team

Post by offmdan »

offmdan wrote:
Firence wrote:Hi

I am saddened by hearing this.
This simply adds to the lack of responsiveness on behalf of Support which would be one of my major complaints.
Here's another example of unresponsiveness in this forum:
"viewtopic.php?t=4419&highlight=" It's a "field order" issue and nobody from Support team has responded in over 4 days to acknowledge the problem and let people know that they are aware of the issue and will (at least) take time to look into it.
-Dan