News and Updates About EssentialPIM
EssentialPIM 8.62 Released
4 December 2019
We announce the immediate availability of EPIM 8.62. It comes with a new feature that will allow you to get new email messages instantly (works for IMAP accounts) the moment they arrive on the mail server. The new version also offers the ability to add multiple attachments to newsletters at once, includes improvements related to CSV import of calendar events, printing of envelopes, handling of identities for email accounts, and couple of UI enhancements. The full list of changes is recorded in the Version History.
For downloads, please visit the Get EPIM page or click on Help->Check for Updates in EssentialPIM.
Update of the Pro version is free for you in case of a lifetime license or if your license is the regular 1 year of free updates one and you already have the 8.6x series version of EPIM installed.
EssentialPIM 8.61 Released
7 November 2019
We are glad to announce the 8.61 version release of EssentialPIM Pro and EssentialPIM Free. This release brings back and improves ability to create links not only to files but to folders, as well. New mail notifications have been updated to work through the system notification settings on Windows 10. And you can now simultaneously edit notes as in the main view as in the separate dialog window, information will be correctly updated on both sides. There's also couple of improvements and fixes included, the detailed list of these can be found on the Version History page.
If you haven't installed the new version yet, head over to the Get EPIM page.
Update to the 8.61 Pro version is free for anyone with the lifetime license and for users with the 1-year of free updates license regardless of the license expiration date if you already have the 8.6 version installed.
EssentialPIM 8.6 Released
15 October 2019
We are proud to announce the immediate availability of the new major release version of EssentialPIM Free and EssentialPIM Pro 8.6. Version 8.6 offers quite a lot of new features and improvements, some of them are:
- Global "search and replace" feature in Advanced Search*
You can now search for and replace any text in any EssentialPIM item from a single dialog. Should be very convenient if information you're going to change is spread over the database in different EPIM modules.
- Export notes into multiple individual files in one operation*
Not only you're able to do so now but there's also ability to choose file naming templates for easy indexing.
- Dialer in contacts has been completely revamped to be compatible with VoIP apps*
We're moving away from the Windows built in dial-up manager, you will be able to use any app for making VoIP calls from contacts.
- Auto checking of hyperlinks for broken ones within EPIM database*
EssentialPIM will highlight in red broken on non-existent links to other items so that you can quickly spot them.
- Business version offers extended information about items and users that have access to them*
This information is available in the Properties window (right click on any item) and in the special column in all table views in all modules. You will also be able to quickly change access rights from the Properties window.
- Import tasks and appointments from CSV files
With ability to choose which fields are going to be imported into EssentialPIM.
- Display of additional recurrence info for appointments and tasks
You will be able to see this information when editing recurring appointments or tasks.
- Finding the right folder in mail is now easier
Main account folders are now shown in bold. If you collapse a set of folders and there's folders with unread messages, this is now going to be indicated by a special badge.
- Additional months column in the Year view in calendar
Should be easier to navigate through the year view when there's an additional months column on the right.
- A single installer for the Desktop and Portable versions
Download the executable file, run it and simply choose which version you'd like to be installed.
*Only in EssentialPIM Pro
The detailed list of all the changes can be seen on the Version History page.
To upgrade to the latest version, please click on Help->Check for Updates from within EssentialPIM or download the new version manually from the Get EPIM page.
Update to EssentialPIM Pro 8.6 is free for you if your regular EssenitalPIM Pro license with 1-year of free updates was acquired after the October 1-st of 2018. To renew the license, please visit the Pricing page. If you own a lifetime license, this and all the future updates are included in it.
EssentialPIM 8.56 Released
26 September 2019
We are glad to announce the release of EssentialPIM Pro and EssentialPIM Free 8.56. This is a maintenance release and probably the last one in the 8.5x series as we're getting close to the 8.6 version release. Among the changes are: improved synchronization with iCloud and Google, ability to directly edit appointments, better handling of the Windows sleep mode for EPIM clients from the Business edition, and couple of other fixes and improvements, the detailed list of which is accessible on the Version History page.
Update to this version is free for anyone with the regular 1 year of free updates licenses if you already have the 8.5x series version of EssentialPIM Pro installed. Update is always free for the lifetime license holders. To upgrade your regular license to the lifetime one, please visit the Pricing page.
To download the latest version, click on Help->Check for Updates from within EPIM or visit the Get EPIM page.
PS As you already might have noticed, you can now leave comments for news. Please feel free to do that, we will be happy to respond.
EssentialPIM 8.55 Released
18 August 2019
We are glad to announce the release of EPIM 8.55 Free and Pro versions. This release hosts couple of improvements related to Dropbox integration, synchronization with Android and Google services and various bug fixes and improvements. The outline of changes is specified one the Version History
For EPIM 8.55 downloads, please visit the Get EPIM page.
This update is free for anyone with the regular one year of updates license regardless of the license expiration date if you already have the 8.5x series version installed. Users with the lifetime licenses always get any updates for free.
EssentialPIM 8.54 Released
9 July 2019
We announce the immediate availability of EPIM 8.54. This release brings improvements related to synchronization with Google services, better support of complex vCard files, optimizations for faster handling of large email messages, improved workflow in Tags Explorer and for Related Items and some adjustments to the EPIM’s database file in order to make it more prepared for the future 8.6 version update. All EPIM 8.5x users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.
For the detailed list of changes, see the Version History page. For downloads, head over to the Get EPIM page.
Update to EssentialPIM Pro 8.54 is free for all users with the regular 1 year of updates license regardless of the license expiration date if you already have the 8.5x series version installed. Users with the Lifetime licenses get this update for free in any case.
EssentialPIM 8.53 Released
19 June 2019
We are glad to announce the release of the Pro and Free versions of EssentialPIM. The new version introduces improvements related and synchronization with Android EPIM and Outlook.com, brings back the ability to sort icons for notes, improves management of simultaneously connected users for the Business editing and makes the program faster and more reliable overall.
For more information about changes, you can read the Version History page. The download files can be found on the Get EPIM page.
This update is free for anyone with the 1-year of free updates license if you already have one of the EPIM Pro 8.5x versions installed.
EssentialPIM 8.52 Released
7 June 2019
We announce the immediate availability of EssentialPIM 8.52. Improvements related to synchronization with Android EPIM and Google Tasks, minor UI changes and bug fixes were included in this release. We advise all users to upgrade to the new version for better stability. The detailed list of changes is available from the Version History
Update to EPIM Pro 8.52 is free if you have the regular 1 year of updates license and the 8.5x series version installed.
For downloads, please visit the Get EPIM page.
EssentialPIM 8.51 Released
27 May 2019
We announce the immediate availability of EssentialPIM Pro and Free 8.51. There’s couple of new and improved features included in the release like the ability to mark events and tasks as completed while editing them using a shortcut key combination, improvements related to synchronization with Android EPIM and saving email messages as PDF files, EPIM now also remembers your last choice when adding attachments to items, etc. Many bug and crash fixes were also included in the 8.51 release. To get the detailed list of changes, visit the Version History
Update to EssentialPIM Pro 8.51 is free for anybody with the regular 1 year of free updates license if you already have the 8.5 version. Lifetime license holders get this and all the future version updates for free. To renew your license or upgrade it to the lifetime one, please see the corresponding options on the Pricing page.
To download the latest EssentialPIM version, please visit the Get EPIM page or click Help->Check for updates from within EssentialPIM.
EssentialPIM 8.5 Released
3 May 2019
We are excited to announce the immediate availability of EssentialPIM 8.5 (Pro and Free versions), which is a major milestone for the whole EPIM project. The list of new features and improvements that have been added into this release is below:
- Save filters as templates in all table views*
- Create and print return envelopes*
- Save tasks and appointments as notes*
- Import tags from CSV files for contacts and password entries*
- Add links into custom fields for items from any module*
- Custom sorting of contacts and password entries via drag and drop
- More compact and informative printing via Quick Print option
- Remove hyperlinks easily via right click
- Page numbers can now be included for printing
- EssentialPIM can be set as a default app for EML and ICS file types
- Install check spelling dictionaries from within EPIM’s options
- Notes column in table views for appointments, tasks and contacts
- Live preview of changes in Tools->Options->Appearance
- Incremental improvements in synchronization with Android devices and Google services
- Lots of other optimizations, improvements and minor bug fixes
- Vertical layout added to Calendar’s table view*
- Assign shortcuts for styles in Notes*
- Adjustable number of lines for tree tabs in Notes*
- Sort icons in Notes by using drag and drop
- Right-click on an image in Notes will allow more advanced options
- Add new fields in Contacts near first/last name section
- Print contacts as address cards
- Assign tags to email messages via message rules*
- Option to automatically save email messages as they are being written
- Zoom in/out email messages content form View menu
- Simplified and easier approach to adding Outlook.com email accounts
- Option to keep search applied when switching folders in Mail
- View tasks in Mail by enabling tasks bar
- Sorting of message rules in Mail
- Option to return to main view in Mail after deleting a message
- Message rules in Mail now include carbon copy (Cc) field as a condition
- Exclude dubious characters in passwords generator
*Only in EssentialPIM Pro
Update to the EssentialPIM Pro 8.5 version is free for all users who purchased their regular 1 year of updates license after May 1-st, 2018 or if you own a lifetime license. If you need to renew or upgrade your existing license, check out the corresponding options on the Pricing
For downloads, please visit the Get EPIM page.