News and Updates About EssentialPIM
EssentialPIM Pro and EssentialPIM Pro Portable versions 1.5 RC1 Released
10 June 2005
EssentialPIM Pro is in the Release Candidate phase now. All known bugs were eliminated for this release and if not serious bugs will be found, next version of EssentialPIM Pro is to be a final release.
EssentialPIM Pro Portable edition goes public with this release as well. It has some specific features designed to make the program running from portable devices, be it USB flash drive, compact flash, or good old floppy. For more information about the Portable version, please see the Portable Edition section.
You can still purchase EssentialPIM at 30% discount rate for early buyers. Do not wait, order your copy of EssentialPIM Pro today!
EssentialPIM Pro 1.5 Beta 4 Released, Discount is Now 40%!
31 May 2005
As EssentialPIM Pro is getting closer to the final release with every Beta version, we are going to lower the discount percentage every time a new Beta or RC is out by 10%.
So; donТt wait until the discount will be cancelled, order your copy of EssentialPIM Pro today!
Order EssentialPIM Pro
Download EssentialPIM Pro
50% Discount on EssentialPIM Pro for Early Buyers. Get Hurry!
24 May 2005
As you might probably know, EssentialPIM Pro is currently in Beta testing and is approaching the release state.
We would like to offer a 50% discount on EPIM Pro for early buyers. During only 1 week you can buy EssentialPIM Pro for $19.95 (US) only. After this period price will be $39.95 (US).
Purchase link: www.essentialpim.com/earlybuyer
Download link: www.essentialpim.com/download/beta/EssentialPIMPro15.exe
Pro version has numerous improvements over Free version, which were published in the "EPIM started a new branch in EPIM development - EssentialPIM Pro" news.
Please do not hesitate to email us in case of any ordering or licensing questions.
EssentialPIM 1.5.2 Released
9 May 2005
Version 1.5.2 released with some minor bugfixes related to safe migration from 1.0 to 1.5 versions of EssentialPIM. Please find more details about changes for the release in the Version History section.
EPIM started a new branch in EPIM development - EssentialPIM Pro
6 May 2005
Current version of EssentialPIM Pro is a public Beta. All active testers will be receiving the life long license for the Pro version. Beta version does not have any limitations.
Additional features in PRO version:
- Editable Categories. To-Do and Schedule modules have common categories list. You can now add/remove, move up/down categories and custom colors can be assigned to each category!
- Advanced To-Do. Hierarchical To-Do list. All to-dos can have sub to-do tasks.
- Database sharing. Each database can be used simultaneously by several users, concurrent access is allowed.
- Attachments. Users can now hold their files directly in EPIM database! You can either save links to the files, or files themselves! Each Note/Task/To-Do/Contact can have unlimited numbers of files attached/linked.
- Assignees. Each To-Do/Task can have assignees, selected from Contacts module (or added customly)
- Backup. That's a robust backup solution, keeping adjustable number of copies of the database and made in adjustable periods, on the fly.
- Fields in Contacts now have editable length. Adjust the database the way you want it to!
For those who for any reason may want to switch down to EPIM Free version, we will be providing a converter to get your Pro database down to free one.
To start using EPIM Pro, join Beta team: join the Support Forum, then go to Usergroups (button on top of forum) -> Betatesters -> View, press Join Group button.
Development of a Free version will continue as planned- next version, 1.6 is due within 1 month.
EssentialPIM 1.5 Released
2 May 2005
The new version of EssentialPIM introduces two new modules: EPIM Today and much more improved To-Do list. With EPIM Today you can plan your day more efficiently as the module gives you a quick overview of the upcoming events every single day. The advanced To-Do list allows you to plan and record tasks with start and due dates, to set priority and assign the appropriate category. With these two modules and many new additional changes, EssentialPIM becomes even more essential tool!
For the full list of changes, please see the Version History section.
EssentialPIM 1.0 Released
28 February 2005
We are very proud to bring you the final release of EssentialPIM 1.0!
Some of the key features of EssentialPIM 1.0 include:
- Security. All data can be password-protected and the database file encrypted using high industry standard Rijndael, 128 bit key
- Versatile import/export abilities. Data can be exported to HTML, RTF, CSV, and TXT. Complete import from MS Outlook/Outlook Express is available
- Multilingual interface in English, Italian, Spanish, Greek, Deutch, Portuguese, Chinese, Norwegian, Russian, Dutch, Danish, French
- EPIM is free. Completely, no tricks, no adware/spyware,- just pure quality software
- And lots moreтАж
For changes since Release Candidate 1, please visit the Version History.
EssentialPIM 1.0 RC1 Released
21 February 2005
EssentialPIM is constantly moving towards the final release version. The program is out of the Beta testing period and is now in the release candidate stage. It means that if no bugs and errors will be found in this version then most likely next version is going to be finally released.
For the list of changes for RC1 version, please see Version History.
EssentialPIM 1.0 Beta 5 Released
9 February 2005
One more Beta version of EssentialPIM has been recently released. WeтАЩre getting closer to the final release with each Beta that becomes available. This time we added couple of new features, made some improvements and, as always, fixed all known bugs. Among the improvements is the most awaited feature to have AM/PM time in schedules and the ability to split repeating tasks from recurring series.
Good news is that EssentialPIM now speaks 11 languages. French, Portuguese, and Russian interface languages were added into this version.
For the complete list of changes see Version History.
EssentialPIM 1.0 Beta 4b Released
1 February 2005
In Beta 4a, which came out a couple of days later after release of Beta 4 version, we fixed some crucial errors with the Search function, added new interface languages and updated the old ones, performed some routine database optimization tasks in order to increase the speed of the whole program.
Click here to see the full list of changes.