Effective: May 25th 2018
Personal information: The types of personal information or personal data we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your demographic information, such as postcode; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our services or the services of our customers, including storing it;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Accessing Google data
EssentialPIM is an offline client for your Google data. It allows to synchronize and manage Google Calendar, Tasks, Notes, Contacts and Gmail. It also can synchronize EssentialPIM's Passwords and Notes with Google Drive.
EssentialPIM stores this data exclusively in it's own database and does not share it with any 3rd parties (unless user sets up synchronization with another service).
Allowed use: EssentialPIM may request access to following data in your Google account:
- "Read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from Gmail" - in case you are creating Gmail account in EssentialPIM. That's needed to provide email client capabilities within EssentialPIM;
- "See, edit, create, and delete all of your Google Drive files" - in case you want to synchronize EssentialPIM Notes and Passwords through Google account. This data is stored in Google Drive files;
- "Create, edit, organize, and delete all your tasks"- in case you want to synchronize EssentialPIM Tasks with Google Tasks;
- "See, edit, download, and permanently delete your contacts" - in case you want to synchronize EssentialPIM Contacts with Google Contacts;
- "See, edit, share, and permanently delete all the calendars you can access using Google Calendar" - in case you want to synchronize EssentialPIM Contacts with Google Contacts;
- "View your email address"- in case you set up Gmail account in EssentialPIM to provide better experience during setup.
Allowed Transfer: EssentialPIM will transfer restricted scope data to others only in following cases: (a) when it is necessary to provide or improve user-facing features that are prominent from the requesting app's user interface, (b) to comply with applicable laws, or (c) a part of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets of the developer.
Prohibited Advertising: EssentialPIM will not use restricted scope data to serve users any advertisements.
Prohibited Human Interaction: Developers will not allow humans to read restricted scope user data, unless explicit consent ui provided by user.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Estonia including in the U.S.A.
Please note that we use the following third parties to process your personal information: BMT Micro Inc., U.S.A.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who are outside the EU.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures such as the pseudonymisation and encryption of personal information, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites