EssentialPIM and data, stored in its database is immune to any kind of surveillance, including NSA/CIA and here is how:
- By default, EssentialPIM does not go online, except once a week to check for updates on our website essentialpim.com (can be switched off in Options).
- EssentialPIM keeps all entered data offline and NEVER sends it anywhere, unless user sets up synchronization with numerous cloud services.
- Even if a user has added synchronization with Google or Dropbox, he or she can switch it off completely by deleting the synchronization in Tools → Options. After this no data will be ever sent to the Internet (saying "No" to any kind of surveillance again).
- In addition to storing your data offline, EssentialPIM can encrypt your data with strong algorithms, like AES Rijndael 256. Use File → Password Protect to encrypt your database.
- Direct synchronization with Android and Apple devices through local network, without Internet and any 3rd party services.
- EssentialPIM Pro Business, our small to medium sized workgroups solution keeps data within local network, synchronizing it between clients locally - no data is send to the Internet.
- Astonsoft Ltd., the maker of EssentialPIM is a EU company, based in Estonia, far away from major interests of special agencies of big countries.